PO: Mae - Destination Beautiful

I don't understand this record's popularity.

there are some absolute GEMS on this record.

"Embers and Envelopes" is a Grade A opener and shows just how acutely unique Mae is. ("Soundtrack for our Movie" does too) 

"Sun" has the absolute perfect piano outro and makes you feel like you're floating.

"Summertime" is the best guitar song they've ever written. Ridiculously catchy riffs.

it's everything inside me to not name more, but those alone are reasons to buy this--even if you didn't feel nostalgic about it.

there are some absolute GEMS on this record.

"Embers and Envelopes" is a Grade A opener ...

"Summertime" is the best guitar song they've ever written. Ridiculously catchy riffs.

Embers is a great track but it feels like they could have done more with the song. Chorus bugs me a bit with some of the phrasing.

As far as Summertime: what, ten years later, I still think that riff is so good it has to be stolen. Upon first listen, it sounded familiar. It's always stuck with me. It's one of their best songs on any album.

Keep an eye on the Spartan Records Facebook site. They posted:

Did you miss the sneak peak of "Destination: Beautiful" on blue, green, and white splatter vinyl? They're all sold out, but make sure you "like" Spartan Records to be the first to find out about any extra copies that might be available in the future!

If I recall correctly, they ended up having a few extra copies for the first press.

I had no idea - thanks so much! A reminder to anyone else who's going to stalk their page; make sure you add them to your "interests lists" or the majority of their posts won't show up on your newsfeed.