Fest 11

T'was a pleasure meeting some VC folks.

As Kinane said "Fest is like the Gathering of the Juggalos but with less unwanted children." ;)

Also...ball collapse.

My balls look like black potato chips!

Also I wonder if Kyle had the same set from when I saw him the day before. Did he tell his story of getting head from a retarded chick or how his mom was so supportive of him starting a band which is why it never worked?

Jimmy! I thought you died and went far away.

Hope all is well.

Yeah I am doing alright...been keeping busy with work at the new gig in AZ hence my lack of posting...so I guess I did kinda go far away haha. Hope all is well with you gkersey.

Marc, Kyle must have done a different set because we did not get the band story. He did mention that a girl got pissed at him for saying retard...must have been the set you saw.

I grabbed the Fat 10", and the HWM and Grabass Charlestons records from No Idea. Didn't have room for much else in my bag, though!

What a wild weekend. Even with my delayed flights, my roommate severely fucking up his ankle, and all the other random shit that happened, I think this year's Fest managed to one-up last year's for me as a whole. If I make it out again, I'm definitely going to try to give myself a travel day before and after.

Does anybody know who the last couple bands were that played the Holiday Inn party? I remember Broadway Calls, Cheap Girls, and Astpai before I had to leave to catch my cab for the airport.

Back to sleep...

Another successful Fest.

Highlight of friday was Restorations by far. A few let down performances otherwise on friday.

Saturday was a blast. I caught Little League, Dads, Citizen, Kite Party, Junior Battles, Banner Pilot, Carpenter and the Sidekicks. The Sidekicks set was probably the best/most fun thing I saw at Fest.

Sunday caught Joyce Manor, Dear Landlord, Paul Baribeau, The Menzingers, We Were Skeletons and La Dispute

Made a game time decision to start driving back to Canada sunday night. Glad we did it because everyone else we know both flying and driving got stranded somewhere an extra night. The driving conditions were nuts by the time we hit NY state but we made it through alright, hardly anyone was on the roads.

what a great weekend that was! It was nice meeting some of you, even if i barely post on here anymore. I was talking to hudsoncomplex at the jeremy records pre fest show before even knowing he was from VC, pretty comical.

Highlights of the weekend: Frank Turner, Dear Landlord, Latterman, Red City Radio, the whole jeremy records pre show( what i was able to catch), mixtapes, polar bear club, no trigger, dudes night, direct hit!, signals midwest, and broadway calls. I was only able to catch a the few songs of streetlight, ceremony, bomb, smith street, la dispute, lagwagon, two hand fools and propaghandi but they were great. Bummers of the weekend were missing Dads, Joyce Manor, Comadre, menzingers, iron chic and captain.

I also got to hit some of the after party at the holiday inn thanks to a friend. It was crazy fun as usual.

Cant wait for next year!

Had an ever better time this year than when I went a couple years ago. Saw tons of great bands and that Fest 11 app was incredibly useful!

Friday:

Elway

The Holy Mess

The Dopamines

Arms Aloft

The Swellers

Make Do and Mend

Off With Their Heads

Saturday:

RVIVR

Citizen

Good Luck

Tim Barry

Banner Pilot

Broadway Calls

Dead to Me

7 Seconds

Lagwagon

Sunday:

The Wild

Cheap Girls

Andrew Jackson Jihad

Good Riddance

Propagandhi

Gotta say I think Lagwagon and Propagandhi we're the best things I saw all weekend, probably because they were my 2 favorite bands playing but still, they both killed it.

Thurs:

Holy Mess

Post Teens

Friday:

Danny Vapid & The Cheats

Mean Jeans

(saw some band at High Dive i didnt care for)

Grabass Charlestons

Off With THeir Heads

FYP

Latterman

Saturday:

Iron Chic

Nato Cole

Vacation

House Boat

TIm Barry

Banner Pilot

Burning Love

From Ashes Rise

Negative Approach

Max Levine Ensemble

Crusades

Sunday:

Football

The Front Bottoms

Bomb The Music Industry

Comedy from 7:30-10

bands i wish i saw:

The Future Now

Leagues Apart

Sonic Avenues

Riverboat Gamblers

Highlights for me were Latterman and Sister Kisser. There wasn't a remotely bad set I saw, though!

Friday

• Elway
    The Holy Mess
    Broadcaster
    Mean jeans
    Soviettes
    Grabass Charlestons
    Off With Their Heads
    FYP
    Latterman

Saturday

• Sam Russo