Need to stop buying records

bought a pair of slacks. and shorts with them.

then new sunglasses.

then saw the name taken release.

plus i bought new vans last week.

and just completed my yfw repress.

bought beer.

oh, and im getting on a plane in a few hours, and ill be away til monday.

im doing great with my money!

i'm seriously considering switching back to CDs. Some albums i can find used for less than $1 online versus records costing at least $15-$20. Less drama in the used CD game, too. i'll still buy records, but i like to think i will cut back.

Holy mother of God I still have so many pogs & slammers buried at my parents house. I once bought a brass slammer that had a picture of OJs bloody knife for $10...but I pulled the stickers off so it wouldn't be so offensive.

Anyways, records are seriously turning into drugs for me. Just this week I've purchased 4 records & also decided to become a variant collector of a particular band I've decided I want everything of.

The other day I came home, had a record come in the mail, & I couldn't even remember what I ordered.

I even have a Record Store Day jar of money in my bedroom.

I gave up buying records for lent. I did ask my sister for Wisdom in Chains' new record for my bday though. Aside from that it's been at least 39 days since I've bought anything. My bank account has appreciated it, and I'm sure my mail man has too ;D

There is something on ebay right now (with a buy it now!) that I am really hoping is still there tomorrow at midnight. Sort of a white whale, except I never even knew it existed.

Fuck money. I can't save it to save my life. The last few years I've had some good jobs that paid pretty well and I have absolutely nothing to show for it other than records and a beer belly. But as far as records go, I haven't bought many in 2012. Hoping it stays that way until I can save some cash and move the hell up out of here.

Anyways, records are seriously turning into drugs for me. Just this week I've purchased 4 records & also decided to become a variant collector of a particular band I've decided I want everything of.

The other day I came home, had a record come in the mail, & I couldn't even remember what I ordered.

I even have a Record Store Day jar of money in my bedroom.

reading this, i felt as though i may have wrote it. lol shits getting bad.

sell shit than buy shit.

or don't visit VC as often. I tend to buy albums that I'm on the fence about more often when people in threads are excited. It makes me excited than I pull the trigger.

I've never financially fucked myself over, I just feel guilty.

THIS so much. VC hype has pushed me to buy a lot of records i wouldn't normally purchase. i usually end up selling a lot of them for a loss once i realize that i don't like said albums.