Record Store day sucks ass.

Who wants to go to a record store and deal with crowds and over priced shit? That's not what I got into records for, I will spend RSD in some dingy flea market digging through terrible fucking Chiliwack LPs hoping to find something awesome hiding amongst the trash.

Have fun with your special edition reissues priced at 20x their actual value losers!

+1 to Sharkticon based solely on your awesome username.

Anyways, kinda agree with kyleevanswastaken. Record Store Day is a great way to support local record stores, but everything is over-priced and in such small pressing quantities that it's impossible to get anything if you aren't willing to wait in line at 3am. That has at least been my experience in the past. Plus, 1/2 of it all ends up on ebay later anyways where it eventually becomes over-saturated with each item and you can just pick one up for just a few bucks more than retail.

i agree with the OP. Too many re-issues, 7"s of songs that are readily available, or price gouging based on the fact that the item is an RSD exclusive. i'll be sitting this one out.

My only complaint is that it fuels the 'bragging rights' for 'weoow sooper ltd 1/1' collectors. But I guess that's the point with the whole thing.. getting people into local stores to drop bank for a day. Totally cool with that and I'll probably be standing in line on the 21st. I'm definitely guilty of the mentality at times but I do wish a lot of releases were given at least one standard press instead of /300 on 5 different variants that get hoarded within minutes by people who keep them sealed.

Who wants to go to a record store and deal with crowds and over priced shit? That's not what I got into records for, I will spend RSD in some dingy flea market digging through terrible fucking Chiliwack LPs hoping to find something awesome hiding amongst the trash.

Have fun with your special edition reissues priced at 20x their actual value losers!

I pretty much agree.

Oh man, bro, I feel ya! I hate fucking RSD I can't stand picking up exclusives and actually having to leave my apartment because there's no pre-order! I hate picking things up on the release day! I would totally rather grab a 3 month pre-order than have the album in hand on RSD! The nerve of some people who love vinyl would go out and buy things from the man! I hate all the bands and collaborations that RSD brings about! I hate that every year more and more people get into collecting vinyl making labels look to repress and/or press album I would love to own on vinyl! DAMN THE MAN, SAVE THE EMPIRE!

Oh man, bro, I feel ya! I hate fucking RSD I can't stand picking up exclusives and actually having to leave my apartment because there's no pre-order! I hate picking things up on the release day! I would totally rather grab a 3 month pre-order than have the album in hand on RSD! The nerve of some people who love vinyl would go out and buy things from the man! I hate all the bands and collaborations that RSD brings about! I hate that every year more and more people get into collecting vinyl making labels look to repress and/or press album I would love to own on vinyl! DAMN THE MAN, SAVE THE EMPIRE!

Empire Records soundtrack available on orange vinyl this RSD!

Empire Records soundtrack available on orange vinyl this RSD!

dire straits - romeo and juliet ftw

Oh man, bro, I feel ya! I hate fucking RSD I can't stand picking up exclusives and actually having to leave my apartment because there's no pre-order! I hate picking things up on the release day! I would totally rather grab a 3 month pre-order than have the album in hand on RSD! The nerve of some people who love vinyl would go out and buy things from the man!

This is funny because RSD brings out a lot of people that never come out to record stores the rest of the year. They only want the "exclusives".

Regulars generally don't care about the day.

I generally agree with the OP. Overall it's a cash-in for majors and it seems like stores are stuck with more and more unsold inventory each year. That can't be good.

That being said it is an excuse for me and some friends I don't see often to get together so why not? There's no sense being so bitter and cynical about everything. Losers.

went last time last year and hated the experience. There have only been a handful of releases that I've wanted to buy the entire time that its existed. That being said the owner of the local shop says that this one day basically pads their account for the entire year. So that allows crowd-hating-debbiedowners like myself to dig through the crates on a tuesday afternoon.