Single Mothers - S/T 7" EP up now

[image]

"Last year TA played an off-date show in Hamilton, Ontario. That night a band opened the show called Single Mothers. They started their set as I was organizing our merch and after about 45 seconds my ears perked up and I dropped what I was doing. I watched their set in entirety with my eyes wide and a rabid feeling of excitement that I knew I was witnessing something very special. Based out of London, Ontario Canada, Single Mothers plays a style of punk/post-hardcore that is both high in energy and layered with creativity. There is a level of honesty that vocalist Andrew Thomson gives with every song and performance that is jaw dropping and hair raising. This 7” EP serves as a unforgiving confessional of late intoxicated nights and sexual deviant behavior. Imagine a hybrid of The Hold Steady and The Bronx with a grimy overtone all it’s own. All of the elements are present for Single Mothers to step out of the shadows of Ontario and be the new Canadian front runners." - Jeremy Bolm.

“It’s like Craig Finn fronting Black Flag in early ’90s DC, yet not at all.” - Adam White managing editor of Punknews.org

Secret Voice is a label founded by Jeremy Bolm of Touche Amore, manufactured and distributed by Deathwish.

TRACK LISTING:

01. Christian Girls

02. Hell Is My Backup Plan

03. Winter Coats

04. Baby

http://deathwishinc.com/estore/product/SV001v.html

Got both along with Loma Prieta. Thank you Deathwish/Secret Voice for having reasonable record and shipping fees, well-packed and timely delivery, and quality products. Every time I go to place a new order there is never any unwanted surprises. The instant digital downloads are a nice touch too. With all these labels pulling bullshit it is refreshing that there are people out there that do it the right way.

Does anyone have the mp3s of this? PM me if you do.

It's up for free on their Bandcamp page.

http://singlemothersband.bandcamp.com/album/wild-party-ep-2010

Thanks for this. I did pay them a few bucks though. I figure if a small band takes the time to do a bandcamp it only seems right to give them some money to help them out.