At The Drive-In - Relationship of Command Repress

4 minutes ago, thepunkguy said:

totally.

same thing here.

two taxis later.  you know?  

I would have rather just known in the middle of the day.  plan accordingly from there.

but that being said.  it happens. and hope he recovers.

According to Tony when he made the stage announcement, they were there and loaded in and set up and soundchecked and couldn't make it happen. Also mentioned lots of doctors and a diagnosis of vocal cord nodules, and that if Cedric sang now it would cause longer term damage. It all sounded very sincere. 

23 minutes ago, fondfarewell said:

According to Tony when he made the stage announcement, they were there and loaded in and set up and soundchecked and couldn't make it happen. Also mentioned lots of doctors and a diagnosis of vocal cord nodules, and that if Cedric sang now it would cause longer term damage. It all sounded very sincere. 

If you sound checked and he wasn't feeling good, you call it at that time. Not after you open the venue doors

21 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Holy shit those Facebook comments...

Everyone sounds so pathetic and entitled.

They've been waiting for this tour since the day they were born. Have some sympathy for these poor souls.

/s

The only people I truly feel for are those that bought tickets off stub hub or whatever. I'm assuming there's no refunds on scalped tickets?

55 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

They've been waiting for this tour since the day they were born. Have some sympathy for these poor souls.

/s

The only people I truly feel for are those that bought tickets off stub hub or whatever. I'm assuming there's no refunds on scalped tickets?

If an event is cancelled stub hub refunds your purchase as the venue refunds the  original purchaser

I was in Terminal 5 when they made the announcement.  My heart shattered and I felt like I was 10 years old and Christmas was cancelled that morning.  I was kind of weary about the show since they cancelled DC two nights before, but figured they would announce if the NYC show was cancelled hours before doors.  No annoucnement so I paid the $30 to ride the train in from NJ just to be turned around.  I under stand the situation of being sick, but they could have been a bit more professional.  Or even played just the instrumentals.  That would have showed they really felt bad.  And for people thinknig Cedric was lying, if you check his instgram he posted a picture thursday of him getting his throat checked.

• 5 years later...
10 minutes ago, chrisapple said:

It’s been all over eBay for the last couple of weeks, but at much higher prices than this.  I’m hoping it means a legit repress is coming soon.

5 minutes ago, highfives said:

Not necessarily, but we did see the yellow Deloused and red/blue Frances prior to Clouds Hill dropping the box set.  Probably coincidence, but we can hope.

Nothing wrong at all with a little hope or optimism.  Just making sure I didn't miss some secret memo on bootlegs consistently preceding represses, or something.

49 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Nothing wrong at all with a little hope or optimism.  Just making sure I didn't miss some secret memo on bootlegs consistently preceding represses, or something.

I'm not saying it's not a coincidence, but Rollin' Records kept releasing/ selling boots of Wildflowers, and BAM! that whole box set thing happened.

There was another I noticed too, but I cannot recall what it was. 

It probably is just a demand-based coincidence.

Back on topic, my Orange RSD copy still sounds great *blows raspberries*

30 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

I'm not saying it's not a coincidence, but Rollin' Records kept releasing/ selling boots of Wildflowers, and BAM! that whole box set thing happened.

At the very least, maybe it forces the labels to take notice of the demand and press legit copies.  I'm hoping though, because I sold my Grand Royal copy a few years back and have regretted it since.

21 hours ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Yeah then where’s that first Coheed album then?