What's Everyone Doing RSD 2012!?!?!

If you haven't made plans yet, what are you waiting for. Post about what your doing for RSD here. I'll start with what we're doing:

If you're in the NJ/NYC area for this Record Store Day make sure you make your way over to TUNES in HOBOKEN, NJ. for an intimate acoustic performance from THOSE MOCKINGBIRDS. You can DL their EP for free here at www.thosemockingbirds.com and you can check out our vinyl offering of the record here at www.starbeatmusic.bigcartel.com.

THOSE MOCKINGBIRDS go on at 3PM after the Jack White 'Blunderbuss' Listening party!

If you cant make that one we'll be doing it again at DINOSAUR RECORDS 6PM! in Little Falls NJ. TM's hometown.

And as if that wasn't enough we're also releasing a cassette for NJ's own Melissa & Paul which our good friends at punknews.com did a stream of the album 'Live Hard' which we will be releasing in Newark NJ (our hometown) at Hellz Kitchen at 8PM! RSD!!! You can check out the tape here at www.starbeatmusic.bigcartel.com

Tunes

225 Washington St.

Hoboken NJ

Dinosaur Records

513 Main St.

Little Falls NJ

Hellz Kitchen

150 Lafayette St.

Newark, NJ

RSD 2012! What are you doing!?

I was gonna post what I wanna do for RSD on the existing thread and then realized people would probably get mad I wasn't posting about which nirvana unreleased single is coming out or the countless other amazing specials people are doing that day. I just wanna see what other people are doing cuz theres just too many record stores and bands for just one of us in one day

Getting up whenever, going to Square Records for a bit, then heading up to Cleveland to check out the new Aquarium and eating some pizza in Little Italy.

Gonna bullshit with some good people all day and go to the parking lot swap meet one of my local shops has, it's pretty awesome. Will also spend a bit of the time bitching and complaining about RSD prices.

ive never been to rsd... how badly marked up are they?

It's not the stores marking them up. It's just the retail prices set by the RSD people. $8 7s. There's even an $11 7" this year. I was surprised on a few things though. The Tomahawk set is fairly priced. I'm sure a few more will be fair too. I just hate that 7s always seems to be $7 and up for RSD releases.

Still check it out and support you local shops man. Maybe just buy non RSD stuff from your local stores. Since it's your first RSD, I'm sure you'll dig it.