Summer records

I always associate records with the time of year I listened to them, or the first time I heard them. Do you guys do that? and what records do you associate with summer?

Any predictions on which this year's Summer Records will be for you?

I'm guessing these will spin a lot in my different players:

mewithoutYou - Ten Stories

Lipona - Network

i'm thinking:

mewithoutYou-Ten Stories

Baroness-Green & Yellow

Usually in the summer, i listen to Dashboard Confessional and older metalcore (well, that's what i listen to most no matter what time of year it is). And old country records during summer nights.

I usually go to a conference in late june each year, where I always end up buying tons of cheap records. They usually end up being soundtracks to the summer. Stuff I've bought and rocked the entire summer:

relient K - two lefts don't make a right…but three do

Number One Gun - The North Pole Project

Search The City - A Fire So Big The Heavens Can See It

Surrogate - Love Is For The Rich

I always listen to Denison Witmer a lot in the summer aswell. Perfect night music, esp. Philadelphia songs. And Venerea's One Louder is summer for me, aswell as Eskju Divine. oh, memories.

MellowHype - BlackenedWhite

UNKLE - War Stories

tUnE-yArDs - w h o k i l l

All of those from Summer 2011. Specifically, the UNKLE and tUnE-yArDs go with the very end of summer.

And on the subject of associating albums with certain things, I listened to BlackenedWhite and Kanye West's The College Dropout for the first time on an airplane, so I associate them with travelling

minus the bear

beach house

beach fossils

wild nothing

real estate

wavves

best coast

male bonding

tame impala

surfer blood

anyone see a pattern here?

Summer for me is a lot of newer pop punk (FYS, SYG, etc.) from doing warped a couple years ago. And of course the throw backs Third Eye Blind, Goo Goo Dolls, Green day, Incubus (I'm a 90's kid, give me a break haha). As far as new stuff I'm really into the new Torche album and I'm sure the new mwY will be great. Long nights call for Your Favorite Weapon and Interventions and Lullabies.

I've been reading Fargo Rock City by Chuck Klosterman(sp?) and re-ignited my love for 80's hair metal. Currently spinning Motley Crue - Shout at the Devil (\m/), which could progress into a trend for the yest of the summer.