Mae - The Everglow AVAILABLE!!

i first thought it was 180g as well but comparing to other 180g records it doesn't seem quite as heavy. i'd say 150-160g. most of the time when things are 180g its advertised. i'll email T&N and find out

I don't think the records are 180g either and I'm not sure why veggierecords is so certain they are. Good luck contacting T&N..in my experience, they are not easy to get in contact with.

I'm pretty positive I saw it somewhere as 180 gram....giving eBay a quick look now - a lot of them are listed as 180gram

Can't believe newbury comics was selling this for 15.99 such a steal...

I don't think the records are 180g either and I'm not sure why veggierecords is so certain they are. Good luck contacting T&N..in my experience, they are not easy to get in contact with.

I'm pretty positive I saw it somewhere as 180 gram....giving eBay a quick look now - a lot of them are listed as 180gram

Can't believe newbury comics was selling this for 15.99 such a steal...

So you're using eBay flippers' descriptions of the records as your basis for claiming these are 180 gram records? 95% of those people are selling unopened copies and have no certain way of telling if they're 180g or not. Just curious, do you own a copy of this?

They were also selling this as "The Afterglow" on eBay... ;)

They were also selling this as "The Afterglow" on eBay... ;)

haha I understand why you're skeptical about eBay descriptions...I do own this, but am not home right now...I swore I saw it as 180 gram somewhere credible but I could be wrong

When a record is heavier than most, labels often refer to it as 180 gram. Records are imperfect and it is impossible to determine their weight before pressing. 180 gram just means heavy.

Why I agree with you that records vary I dont agree with calling something 180 gram just because its "heavy" - what does that mean?

For example:

Two pressing of Dreamover:

Emery = 152.9 grams

Brandston = 157.4 grams

Although heavier than quite a few pressings I wouldn't consider them 180 gram.

Some weights just for anyone interested:

BLINK 182 - HT 180 gram pressing = 173.3 grams

Enema - MTS Pressing = 182.3 grams

Park - Building a better - green = 189.5 grams

Junius - Reports = 195.6 grams

Moneen - Red Tree - RSD 2012 = 176.8 grams

So it looks like most that claim a record is 180 is pretty darn close.

ps. not saying that you said the Dreamover stuff was 180. Just saying that they are heavier than some other pressings I own and used them as a reference point.

dude, we get it. you like weighing your records. but that doesnt mean you have to give long winded examples in every thread you post in.

My first post was in the Thrice thread. Then saw this comment about the Mae. I already had my gear out. Figured I post here as well. Seemed valid.

It was valid. I learned something :)

My first post was in the Thrice thread. Then saw this comment about the Mae. I already had my gear out. Figured I post here as well. Seemed valid.

Thanks. Its interesting I am loosing karma points because I actually posted something informative. hmm And I wasn't being negative. I can not win on this forum.

agreed, thanks

Thank you and everyone who may have thought it interesting and have learned something. Done posting thanks for all those annoyed by that also. :)

Back to the Everglow. The record is really really great. I was only into Destination Beautiful but I am now really liking this just as much.