Starflyer 59 vinyl

As I'm sure some of you know, Starflyer 59 vinyl can be pretty tough to get your hands on as many of the releases go for $100 or more on Ebay.

Those who do own, where did you get your copies and how much did you spend?

I'm particularly interested in those who own "Everybody Makes Mistakes", "The Fashion Focus", "Leave Here a Stranger", "The Drop" 7" and "Gold"

I'm not here to buy your stuff, don't worry, just starting a discussion.

I got my copy of Everybody Makes Mistakes for around $8 about 2 years ago because whoever listed it had no idea what he had, and listed it as "Tooth & Nail - Everybody Makes Mistakes". I happened to search Tooth & Nail, made the only bid. It's my greatest score to date. It's not for sale though.

I wish there was a reissue of everything Gold through Leave Here a Stranger. I Am the Portuguese Blues and My Island would be cool too, I guess, but really their early shoegazy stuff is my favorite.

I got my copy of Everybody Makes Mistakes for around $8 about 2 years ago because whoever listed it had no idea what he had, and listed it as "Tooth & Nail - Everybody Makes Mistakes". I happened to search Tooth & Nail, made the only bid. It's my greatest score to date. It's not for sale though.

That is epic!

I know of one other person who found EMM at a Goodwill for a buck once. Who knows how that ended up there?

• 1 year later...

What a great SF59 appreciation thread where we just talk about how much we paid for records haha.

I found someone who had a lot of T&N vinyl and I offered them like $20 per LP and $10 per 7". When after 10 records, I was up $200, I just bought the entire lot for $220. It included a sealed Fashion Focus, and NM Everybody Makes Mistakes and Gold. I paid about $15 a record. 

I bought a test pressing of Silver from Crossroads of America and I paid, I think $30 for it, which is the most I've spent besides my test of Changing of the Guard, which was

First 3 albums would make an awesome box set with 'She's The Queen' and 'Le Vainqueur' as bonus content and 'The Drop' & 'Leigh and Me' 7"s as extra bonus content. Music is just perfect and dat cover art...  B)

I've managed to find everything but 'The Drop' and 'The Last Laurel' on vinyl and haven't paid more than $40 for any of them. My copy of 'Gold' has lots of clicks and pops but everything else is in near mint condition. Wonder if the represses are in Jason's agenda and if he is able to remaster them from original analog tapes.. The demand is there, come on Jason!

• 2 weeks later...

i didn't realize silver went out of print. 

i have tests of silver, old, dial m, and guard

and i have everything except the drop. i want the drop. but not enough to spend a ton of money on. 

I need Drop and Leave Here A Stranger. Almost shelled out $80+ for the test Brent was selling on ebay two weeks ago but it went for $103 and it's just so much cabbage.