Starflyer 59 vinyl

Seems very dumb to me that, after their new album sold 1000 copies in like a week earlier this year, they pressed 1000 copies of a beloved album that has recently gotten a lot of recognition from music publications with serious clout.

Edited by AlexH.

1 hour ago, dreamover said:

Apparently people are receiving their records with jacked up and unglued jackets. 

damn that sucks, fingers extremely crossed here. where are you seeing these reports?

54 minutes ago, AlexH. said:

Seems very dumb to me that, after their new album sold 1000 copies in like a week earlier this year, they pressed 1000 copies of a beloved album that has recently gotten a lot of recognition from music publications with serious clout.

i think T&N struggles to license larger quantities back after they sold their catalogue. not privy to the details though. 

Edited by copelandkid

1 minute ago, jrodan said:

got my copies of Gold today. anyone else buy a black and gold vinyl? any idea how to tell which is which without opening? kinda wanted to keep my gold vinyl copy sealed, but both my copies appear exactly the same sealed. dumb problem, i know.

you could try weighing them if you have a scale sensitive enough. black 180g should outweigh the ~140g(?) gold

On 11/12/2019 at 1:53 PM, jrodan said:

got my copies of Gold today. anyone else buy a black and gold vinyl? any idea how to tell which is which without opening? kinda wanted to keep my gold vinyl copy sealed, but both my copies appear exactly the same sealed. dumb problem, i know.

Glad you’re enjoying that paperweight while the rest of us who listen to records got assed out.

9 hours ago, DigitalZombie said:

Glad you’re enjoying that paperweight while the rest of us who listen to records got assed out.

if the guy buying two copies of this release makes you mad, i don't recommend checkin out the SF59 FB group, some of those dudes bought like upwards of 10 copies to sit on/flip and are shamelessly posting about it

12 hours ago, jrodan said:

btw, did everyone's copies have the sleeves come unglued? both my copies have varying degrees of coming apart. nothing a little gluestick can't fix, but that was kinda annoying.

A ton of people are having the same problem with the sleeves. Got off light, a shit ton of people have been receiving the record (packaging included) damaged or outright broken. It’s a clusterfuck for the most part. 

It's been a bit apocalyptic on the SF59 FB page. I'm having relatives hold mine so I won't be able to check for a few months... the glue issue seems to have been the most consistent problem, but also the usual URP nonsense, surface noise, scuffed records, along with messy labels and center holes.

On 11/15/2019 at 11:31 AM, copelandkid said:

if the guy buying two copies of this release makes you mad, i don't recommend checkin out the SF59 FB group, some of those dudes bought like upwards of 10 copies to sit on/flip and are shamelessly posting about it

I got kicked out of there because someone sent me a passive aggressive DM and then blocked me so I couldn't respond. I made a post in the group and then told everyone who complained to STFU. The admins booted me.

It's reasonable to assume I'm not a year from 40, but here we are.

11 hours ago, somethingvinyl said:

I got kicked out of there because someone sent me a passive aggressive DM and then blocked me so I couldn't respond. I made a post in the group and then told everyone who complained to STFU. The admins booted me.

It's reasonable to assume I'm not a year from 40, but here we are.

I've had to hold my tongue so many times, haha