Baroness - Yellow & Green

Guest obzen

Comments like this one are hilarious to me: "There's too much pop and accessibility here for me to really get into this."

Oh no, people will find out about a band you like.

As if there's such a thing as an "underground" anymore. The gap has been narrowing for years. The song is fucking awesome by the way.

I'll be a little bit of a moron then.

After the first couple minutes I thought "oh, what a pity, this sounds pretty conventional..."

But I'm not 14 anymore. Most of us have been around enough to know by what criteria first singles are usually selected.

I'll have the patience to give a verdict after spinning both albums a few times and I'm still confident that it will be a great one overall.

i dont mind it, im particularly into the guitar tone. besides, i dont think this sounds that much different from blue album but maybe its just me. anyway, wish they would have stayed on the heavier side but i wasnt expecting that anyway.

My first thoughts were i absolutely love the tones happening in this song.

It is a conventional song but also its a first single. If the other song march to the sea is any indicator, i'm pretty sure this record is gonna be really good. my only gripe is the lyrics....wayyyyy simple and repetitive, but i love baroness for the instrumentals, vocals are a bonus :)

listen to first/second, then listen to red, then blue, then this song. Seems like a logical progression to me. i know it's crazy to think you might actually be able to discern lyrics by listening to the record, but i like it. Furthermore, I don't think it's as "mainstream" as people say. There are several individuals in my office who would certainly disagree if i cranked this to 11.

This song fucking rules. If the vocals were more buried in the mix, people wouldn't bitch as much. They're just mixed higher and more coherent, but otherwise sound mostly the same as he's been singing since their first full-length.

I can't wait to hear more. Or see them tomorrow.

I got to speak with John earlier this year and I can see what he meant by "We're gonna lose a lot of hardcore fans on this next record cos it's a lot different to our others" but in my eyes, Baroness can do no wrong. Fantastic band with great musicianship and this new song sounds killer.

I got to speak with John earlier this year and I can see what he meant by "We're gonna lose a lot of hardcore fans on this next record cos it's a lot different to our others" but in my eyes, Baroness can do no wrong. Fantastic band with great musicianship and this new song sounds killer.

They said that because this is one of the heaviest tracks on the album. Track rules. Looking forward to the album.