PO: The Gaslight Anthem - '45' 7" Single 5/22

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everyone has seen this video right?

I love the song, but I think I've read/heard somewhere that it's the "oddball" song on the new album, so I'm not really sure what to expect!

yeah brian said that that song would be this album's "film noir" (i think that's the song he compared it too). though tbh i didn't think biloxi parish was that out there or weird. i liked it a lot, so stoked for this album.

I love the song, but I think I've read/heard somewhere that it's the "oddball" song on the new album, so I'm not really sure what to expect!

yeah brian said that that song would be this album's "film noir" (i think that's the song he compared it too). though tbh i didn't think biloxi parish was that out there or weird. i liked it a lot, so stoked for this album.

i only think its out there and weird when compared to the fact i've heard him compare this album to tom petty meeting pearl jam.

wish i had this new song to listen to this weekend. race weekend in richmond!

It's not a weird song, but relative to the album, perhaps. Honestly I thought Cowgirls was much more the oddball song on '59 Sound than Film Noir.

Got tix this morning to their show at the Roxy in May. That show will be insane.

Probably the smallest place I'll ever see them play. Last time they were in LA, they sold out the Wiltern.

See you there! I freaked out when I got put into the "waiting room" lol

Yea I had to go to a meeting when the tickets went on sale so I called my girlfriend and gave her my CC# so she could try and order them and luckily she got a pair. Between this show and the HWM/Touche/Joyce Manor show, May is going to be a damn good month

Tried to get tickets to that show at the Roxy, but it sold out way too quickly. I've seen them at much smaller venues, but not in years. Hell, they haven't even been here in a couple years.

Yea I saw them at Chain Reaction which is really tiny and then the next time they came back to LA they headlined and sold out the Wiltern. I figure they will likely be headlining Wiltern-sized venues when they tour for the new album so it will be cool to see them at a little place like the Roxy.

Tried to get tickets to that show at the Roxy, but it sold out way too quickly. I've seen them at much smaller venues, but not in years. Hell, they haven't even been here in a couple years.

Man it's crazy. I saw them years ago open for The Loved Ones @ The backstage at the Black Cat and thought "Psh, Loved Ones are good but this lineup is totally backwards!"

By the end of that tour, The Loved Ones were opening up for Gaslight, haha