I got a new guitar!

It was a player's instrument for sure (EMGs, aftermarket bridge), but it was far from wrecked. I needed the loot for my move and since I will be making decent money soon, I figured I would hook a friend up, knowing I will have no problem getting another in the future.

Edit: Here is a pic...the black one on the far left is the 74 and the Univox is on the far right:

[image]

definitely a good price. also nice to see that those instruments are being used and aren'y closet classics. love seeing the wear and tear on those vintage fenders.

It was a player's instrument for sure (EMGs, aftermarket bridge), but it was far from wrecked. I needed the loot for my move and since I will be making decent money soon, I figured I would hook a friend up, knowing I will have no problem getting another in the future.

Edit: Here is a pic...the black one on the far left is the 74 and the Univox is on the far right:

[image]

Way ahead of you. I plan on snagging a vintage Rick bass, a Mosrite Ventures guitar/bass, and a Gibson RD bass in the near future, along with some more Fenders. Just need to start pulling in that microprocessor money. 8-)

I just love me some vintage Fender.

Edit: Yes, I play my stuff whenever possible. That's what they are for right?

Ive played a Tbird, a vintage Peavy T40, Ibby ATK and SR basses and all other sorts in my old band untill I finally tried a used '82 Japan Squier Pbass. And in a band nothing else beats it.

I modded it with a tort guard and a allparts blocked Jazz neck I found for $100.00 off CL, the bass was I think $100.00. The kid thought he had some pos modern squier not a early 80s MIJ. In the background on the right is its sister but a stock sunburst '82 Squier w/ a ash body and black guard.

[image]

man you guys, try something else besides fenders. Seriously there are other brands!

I've owned or tried all kinds of other brands but I fell in love with Telecasters and now have worked over to Jazzmasters. I really want to get a custom guitar built one day but midrange to higher end Fenders are everything I want in a guitar from neck feel, to aesthetics, to sound.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't get the whole "your guitar sucks, buy a (insert brand here). Dude bought an Ibanez because he digs Ibanez and the clientele associated with such. I play Mexican teles because A I think they sound and feel great, and B. because that's what I am afford. Most of the people that I know with crazy expensive Les Paul's sit in their living rooms playing cover songs to nobody, while all of my buddies are playing their shit show cheap stringers across the country. I've never gotten the whole 'who's dick is bigger argument', ok, cool dude- you have a small dick, I'm sure you can totally fix that; except you can't.