I got a new guitar!

I completely agree, you have to play what feels good to YOU. That could be a 200 dollar squier or a 5,000 Les Paul.

I don't get the whole "your guitar sucks, buy a (insert brand here). Dude bought an Ibanez because he digs Ibanez and the clientele associated with such. I play Mexican teles because A I think they sound and feel great, and B. because that's what I am afford. Most of the people that I know with crazy expensive Les Paul's sit in their living rooms playing cover songs to nobody, while all of my buddies are playing their shit show cheap stringers across the country. I've never gotten the whole 'who's dick is bigger argument', ok, cool dude- you have a small dick, I'm sure you can totally fix that; except you can't.

I don't get the whole "your guitar sucks, buy a (insert brand here). Dude bought an Ibanez because he digs Ibanez and the clientele associated with such. I play Mexican teles because A I think they sound and feel great, and B. because that's what I am afford. Most of the people that I know with crazy expensive Les Paul's sit in their living rooms playing cover songs to nobody, while all of my buddies are playing their shit show cheap stringers across the country. I've never gotten the whole 'who's dick is bigger argument', ok, cool dude- you have a small dick, I'm sure you can totally fix that; except you can't.

they can apparently buy a gibson les paul custom, hehe. i totally agree dude.

I sold my Mexican Tele for $350 yesterday and picked up this guitar from a friend of a friend for $900. Fender Jazzmaster (Japan)

photo-3.jpg

I wasn't sold on it from the picture he sent me at first but once I checked it out and played it, it was beautiful. It sounds and feels amazing. I got it from a guy who used to play in Panthers with ex-members or Orchid and I was a huge Orchid fan so that was just cool. Now I've got to just upgrade my amp.

japanese fenders are wonderful!

just bought the same one dude for.....$400! my brother just gave up trying to play.

Dang nice! I love that guitar, wish I could get a 1st run European humbucker model with the natural back. Dark backs can be found still in stores.

Im loving the blue SG I just got it has a maple body and is super punchy and bright in a amazing way.

Guilty again.....FYI Guitar center and Musicians Friend are clearenceing their Gibson Melody Maker guitars. I picked up a blue SG for $316 after taxes

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/SG/Gibson-USA/Melody-Maker-SG.aspx

Theres no way i could get one of the new melody makers. My hand keeps hitting the vol knob. Bums me out. i want a sg-1 so bad or a peavey t 60

• 2 weeks later...

My current guitar set up:

Traynor YBA-1 head - master volume mod, the only head I`ve ever purchased. Every time I`ve recorded it is the only thing that gets used even when stacked against the studio amps. Paid $200 and it`s build like a fucking rock. It got dropped off the top of the van and I used it that night.

Marshall 412 - late 70`s, filled with a matching set of blackbacks. For anyone who questioned it, the hype is totally true. BY FAR the best speakers I have ever heard, could not be happier with this thing and it was probably the best deal I ever came across at $450. Every player I`ve lent it to attempted to buy it off me.

Home made 212 - A friend built this for me, it`s super sturdy and looks great with that grill. Loaded with two late 70`s greenbacks. Dirty and compact.

Gibson Marauder - My first Marauder was in the maroon colour but after it got stolen on tour in Ottawa a friend sold me this one. Bridge pickup slot routed to fit a humbucker and is loaded with a 57 classic. Love it.

Pedals - TU2, tubescreamer (soon to be Keeley modded), EHX Memory Boy analog delay, DOD analog delay, volume pedal.

CLICK THE LINK, I`m to stupid to add a goddam photo:

http://www.flickr.co...N03/7751271254/

For the price it's fine (I paid $65 used). It is a real tone sucker though but I only really use it for noisy trem parts and have it set to run off for transitions between songs. As a workable delay pedal I wouldn't recommend it for how much decently priced stuff is out there.

• 1 month later...

just traded in my italian accordion for this sexy lady:

5peLC.jpg

ScKPO.jpg

Ibanez Artcore, I believe an '06 (don't remember off the top of my head). For a $400 guitar, it plays and sounds phenomenal and I would highly recommend anyone to at least try one out at some point.

The pictures don't do it justice, but it's a really cool gold flake on black. It'll shine when I finally get it on a stage.

I realize this thread is about guitars but I'm sure there are a lot of general musicians in here. I'm thinking about picking up a drum set now that I have room and I have never played drums before. Looking to jump right to that mid-grade level. Not a cheap set I am going to want to replace as soon as I figure out what I am doing but nothing professional quality either. Any tips? I want to play pop-punk type stuff. Is a 5 piece set right for that?

I kinda want to invest in a Jaguar or Les Paul. Price isn't a super big deal but my wife would prefer I stay under $2000. Suggestions?

we'll the burst LP I. Posted a few posts above was $1550 after tax w case. Its a guitar center exclusive. is called a traditonal pro. On sale for 1699 and 200 off coupon right now if you find a store that will match it. Come in pelham blue. Honey burst vint burst black and goldtop I believe

Thought of another LP idea. I was looking into the studio deluxe for $1200 w case from GC almost identical to the trad pro minus the binding and diff neck pickup (490r neck burstbuker pro bridge coil tap pots). Or the satin fireburst $800 burstbucker pro pups no case flat nitro darkback no binding chambered body.

we'll the burst LP I. Posted a few posts above was $1550 after tax w case. Its a guitar center exclusive. is called a traditonal pro. On sale for 1699 and 200 off coupon right now if you find a store that will match it. Come in pelham blue. Honey burst vint burst black and goldtop I believe

I LOVE that Honey Burst finish.

Might want to try a pawn shop for a LP? You get a good used price and a reasonable guarantee that nothing is wrong with it.

I asked a few friends that play drums extremely well for you. The drummer from my old band (he was sponsored by Truth Drums) hasn't replied. The other guys said either Pearl (this guy is pretty snobby and plays mostly pop-punk and rock) for around $700, or Pacific (this guy is rock and roll as fuck. Seriously. He was doing cocain with Ron Jeremy a couple weeks ago) for $500 and upwards. I personally would opt for a Pearl kit. They are like the Fender of Drums haha.

I asked a few friends that play drums extremely well for you. The drummer from my old band (he was sponsored by Truth Drums) hasn't replied. The other guys said either Pearl (this guy is pretty snobby and plays mostly pop-punk and rock) for around $700, or Pacific (this guy is rock and roll as fuck. Seriously. He was doing cocain with Ron Jeremy a couple weeks ago) for $500 and upwards. I personally would opt for a Pearl kit. They are like the Fender of Drums haha.

Thanks man. I'm trying to be patient and wait for something good to pop up on craigslist so I'll try and look for Pearl kits, hopefully under $400 in the aftermarket.

In the meantime, I've got some harmonicas to fuck around with. Feel like I am on track to learn to play 10 instruments in my life, without being able to say I am good at any of them.