The Paramedic got signed to...

i really do not understand how the same dude that originally put out records for poison the well, hopesfall, most precious blood, disembodied, etc. has consistently released some of the most embarassing contributions to heavy music for nearly a decade straight. its like he and tony brummel are competing with each other to find the shittiest bands possible.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

This one is for the old-school VC-ers (hey, by the way!):

Those that might recall Jake from the Paramedic and the joy he brought many might have been intrigued to see him quoted in the NY Times in support of his White Nationalist pal who used to be their drummer. Ah, the good old days... Those that are curious can check the old Hall of Fame thread or search Paramedic. That band was awful, wore shirts supporting violence towards women and were just creepy mall-metal lameness but this whole article reframes their "legacy" even further. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/25/us/ohio-hovater-white-nationalist.html

http://www.metalsucks.net/2017/11/26/nazi-metal-drummer-the-focus-of-new-york-times-feature-on-white-nationalism-in-the-u-s/

2 hours ago, DecayToDeath said:

I just read through the thread and the only piece I seem to be missing is: this guy was a user on the boards?

The guy quoted “Jake” was on the board. He was in a band with the guy the article focuses on. The band sucked and Jake was universally hated. 

Jake Nolan, a guitarist in one of the bands Mr. Hovater played in, stuck with him. “There are people who literally go around Sieg Heiling,” he said. “Then you have the people who just want the right to be proud of their heritage” — people, he said, who are standing up against “what appears to be an increasingly anti-white America.”

LOLLLLLLLLL eat shit Lurch

This shirt is still available in large! There's never been a better time to show off your misogyny while also supporting neo-Nazis!

On 4/30/2012 at 10:51 PM, AlexH. said:

Also, can we talk about this amazing shirt?

http://new.merchnow.com/products/138213

[image]

I read through the  NYT article yesterday and made want to punch Nazis even more. Had no idea that douchenozzle Hovater had any connections with good ol' Jakey from back in the VC hilarity glory days. Seems to all be in line w/ the Nazi agenda nowadays anyways.

Did anyone ever attend any of The Paramedic's shows at the mall food court?