New Old Man Gloom album!!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's so expensive. I fucking hate that this label releases so many good records. Fuck it, I'll wait for a distro. If I miss out, so be it.

It would rule so hard if they cared what their supporters/fans thought. Ive been ordering from them since 97 and its getting stupid. BCD just makes it worse with their $6 media mail con.

the problem with Hydra Head is most of their releases don't last long from preorder to distro. I was thinking the same thing about waiting, but I got Cave In on black when half the people on here who ordered from Amazon got some form of color. would be nice to know what you get and your only real guarantee is giving in to BCD. the base price of HH releases are even more than IVWT and Amazon these days. I don't know why their markup has to be so high when their wholesale price must be lower.

Honestly, I'm a huge fan of the music but I'm absolutely not down with their label/distro practices. It's gotten to be ridiculous. I've skipped out on several releases for this reason alone, but I cannot justify it to myself. There's many fantastic record labels going strong today that charge as much as $10 less after shipping and the quality is on par, if not better than HH. I used to love the label as well, it's a shame really.

As much as I would love to get a limited colour copy of "No", I'll wait and hopefully be able to find a black one or something from a distro in a month's time.

and someone tells me the tour version is only $20.

$20 for sure. and i agree with bizarospeak, this record is fantastic. OMG has taken their framework, colored it with the various palates in their musical arsenal to paint a beautiful assault of complexity and texture. Make like the waves and let this slab of vinyl absorb you; don't fuck around.

[image]

merch table:

[image]

[image]

and remember, if you don't like the prices, OMG says:

[image]

(or pick up another shift)

Yeah, the dude that grabbed one for me paid $20 (can't wait til it shows up). He also said they had test pressings of a few of their older releases for $20-$30. He went to the 2nd show on the mini tour so I'm sure the tests went rather quickly. If I had the extra money, I would have tried to get a few of those too.

$20 for sure. and i agree with bizarospeak, this record is fantastic. OMG has taken their framework, colored it with the various palates in their musical arsenal to paint a beautiful assault of complexity and texture. Make like the waves and let this slab of vinyl absorb you; don't fuck around.

[image]

merch table:

[image]

[image]

and remember, if you don't like the prices, OMG says:

[image]

(or pick up another shift)

If someone could grab me that t-shirt in an XL at one of these shows I'd reward you in the cost + shipping and a free custom screen printed sleeve!

I entered BCD web site by causality and seen only black was available. Refreshed after some minutes and clear/black marble was there!! So nervous but I was able to grab it.

Nice! That happens with a lot of HH releases. That's how I got the blue version of Christmas Eve I & II + 6 + Live. I'm assuming they're copies from people who had their cards declined.