PO: Sigur Ros-Valtari

How is what I've said so funny? If it's common for you to have your parcels left outside unattended then fair enough, but usually where I live if there is no answer the postman takes said parcel to the sorting office or attempts to leave it with a neighbour. Bottom line is I don't trust in the decency of random passers by.

How is what I've said so funny? If it's common for you to have your parcels left outside unattended then fair enough, but usually where I live if there is no answer the postman takes said parcel to the sorting office or attempts to leave it with a neighbour. Bottom line is I don't trust in the decency of random passers by.

I know how you feel man. I ordered a TV online and specifically asked for signature confirmation and if no one's home, to just bring it back to the office and leave a note for me to pick it up.

Joe N. Competent gave the TV to the neighbour who lives in front of me who I have never, ever met in my life. I went home during my lunch break so I can be home when the mailman arrives. I was a little late. He left a note saying he left it with my neighbour's address. I didn't know their house number so I walked around to see who's house it was and then walked back to my house looking so defeated because I feel like I just lost my TV and I have to call UPS and complain. Luckily, when I was walking back from their house my neighbour opened the door and asked if I was expecting a package. I told her yes, thanked her, and then left with my box. But before I left I quickly inspected the box to see if it had been tampered with and it was fine. She was just some young woman staying at home with her baby (or baby sister/brother).

UPS is awesome when you feel like losing big ticket items. As for USPS, most of the time they're cool. I'm lucky the sun doesn't hit my doorstep or I would just leave a note saying to leave them under my doormat.

• 2 weeks later...

(Well apparently my post in this thread was lost when the backup was used. Anyways...)

I got the US 2xLP on XL and the b-side of the first record ends oddly. Rather than playing out the audio and then rapidly winding toward the center (which would force my record player to pick up the needle), the groove just kind of locks up about an inch from the center and gets trapped there. The audio is still softly playing and my record player continues to play without ever picking up the needle. Is anyone else's copy like this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone know where to get these clear one. my friend got his friend to help him get at a record store in Australia.. Thanks

Thats some other record in that picture.

Also, answering to rickydenim question: I havent listened to mine yet, but even by the looks, the Parlophone version seems ten times better. I got the Parlophone pressing first and after gotting the XL one I felt ripped off :) The main difference is the vinyl weight and quality (XL version has scuff marks all over them, Parlophone is super heavy and super clean, no imperfectsions whatsoever). The gatefold is a little different also but not much.

So, if you are still thinking which version to get, get the Parlophone version, definitely.

Also, answering to rickydenim question: I havent listened to mine yet, but even by the looks, the Parlophone version seems ten times better. I got the Parlophone pressing first and after gotting the XL one I felt ripped off :) The main difference is the vinyl weight and quality (XL version has scuff marks all over them, Parlophone is super heavy and super clean, no imperfectsions whatsoever). The gatefold is a little different also but not much.

So, if you are still thinking which version to get, get the Parlophone version, definitely.

ahhh that fucker got me. hahah thanks for clearing this up. I still have yet to get this, def will get the Parlophone version like u suggested. cheers.

yeah thats a mr. gnome record

• 6 months later...