BoysNightOut-Trainwreck 2xLP HT excl. PREORDER UP

i thought hot topic didn't do preorders? making an acception?

I dont think its going to be the norm but if a label gives a completely exclusive release and wants to run a pre-order Ill do it for them.

We did it Four Year Strong and The Devil Wears Prada LPs recently, its not the first time we've done a vinyl pre-order.

If we use a card when do we get charged? When it ships?

Check with customer service on that. I would think they would charge when it ships but I dont want to give you incorrect info

$21.99 is steep in pricing. Why is it more expensive than some of the other double LP pressings that have been released through Hot Topic lately? Blink and both Thrices were only $19.99. 180 grams?

Just curious. I may order this taking my time considering the price though.

Different labels, different distros, different bands get different royalty rates, there's a lot of things that factor into the price. None of them really have anything to do with the others except that they're exclusive to Hot Topic.

$21.99 is steep in pricing. Why is it more expensive than some of the other double LP pressings that have been released through Hot Topic lately? Blink and both Thrices were only $19.99. 180 grams?

Just curious. I may order this taking my time considering the price though.

Different labels, different distros, different bands get different royalty rates, there's a lot of things that factor into the price. None of them really have anything to do with the others except that they're exclusive to Hot Topic.

Understood. Man I really hope as vinyl becomes more and more popular with a mainstream audience we don't see more price hikes. This is a great album and I'm sure it will turn out looking great (I'll probably end up getting it). It's crazy to think that all the stuff you discussed above would cause this to cost more than a Blink 182 or Thrice album considering they were nowhere near as popular as either of those groups and the type of labels those albums were originally released on.

Understood. Man I really hope as vinyl becomes more and more popular with a mainstream audience we don't see more price hikes. This is a great album and I'm sure it will turn out looking great (I'll probably end up getting it). It's crazy to think that all the stuff you discussed above would cause this to cost more than a Blink 182 or Thrice album considering they were nowhere near as popular as either of those groups and the type of labels those albums were originally released on.

Its more about what label/distro is releasing the album and at this point Ferret doesnt really exist anymore, its just all run by WEA who is generally really expensive.

Vinyl has gotten insanely popular over the last 5 years or so and seems to just get more and more popular every year. The thing with major labels though is that they have noticed this and have increased the price of vinyl. They figure the more popular it is the more they can charge for it.

actually the opposite is happening. over the last 10 years (especially the last 5) vinyl has become more popular and the prices of vinyl records has gone up considerably as well.

to me, one of the major benefits to buying an LP versus a CD was that the LP was usually less expensive than the CD release. this is what got me into buying records in the first place. this is almost never the case anymore. oh well.

as popularity grows, the prices have grown. the upside is that more and more stuff is being released, so i am not complaining.