BoysNightOut-Trainwreck 2xLP HT excl. PREORDER UP

Yes if you maybe have 5-10 records in your collection and this is among them, then I could see it maybe bothering you.  But when you have upwards of 1000, you literally have to be looking for it specifically to even notice it.  Plus the font is ridiculously small so it makes it even easier to not notice.  Never ceases to amaze me the things people find to be bothered about or complain about.

8 hours ago, Rip said:

Yes if you maybe have 5-10 records in your collection and this is among them, then I could see it maybe bothering you.  But when you have upwards of 1000, you literally have to be looking for it specifically to even notice it.  Plus the font is ridiculously small so it makes it even easier to not notice.  Never ceases to amaze me the things people find to be bothered about or complain about.

I can't speak for others, but for me it comes from a place of caring about the quality and details of a finished product. Like, I would be so disappointed if this sleeve was my project and I sent it out into the world like that. Honestly, it's humiliating for whoever did the layout.

As you've acknowledged, spine printing in the other direction (and in a reasonable font size) is the common (and only acceptable) practice; so it's always notable when someone gets it so wrong. 

But I get it, I'm surrounded by folks like you who aren't so fussed about the details and who embrace (maybe even aspire to) having low standards. If I were more like you I bet people would like me a lot more. 

44 minutes ago, bridley said:

I can't speak for others, but for me it comes from a place of caring about the quality and details of a finished product. Like, I would be so disappointed if this sleeve was my project and I sent it out into the world like that. Honestly, it's humiliating for whoever did the layout.

As you've acknowledged, spine printing in the other direction (and in a reasonable font size) is the common (and only acceptable) practice; so it's always notable when someone gets it so wrong. 

But I get it, I'm surrounded by folks like you who aren't so fussed about the details and who embrace (maybe even aspire to) having low standards. If I were more like you I bet people would like me a lot more. 

Is this the first album with the spine like this that you own?  It’s not as uncommon as you think.  But if you consider something as trivial as lettering on a spine printed “backwards” as low standards then oof.  

I imagine you also send back your burger at a restaurant because the tomato on it is too thick.

Edited by Rip

3 hours ago, Rip said:

Is this the first album with the spine like this that you own?  It’s not as uncommon as you think.  But if you consider something as trivial as lettering on a spine printed “backwards” as low standards then oof.  

I imagine you also send back your burger at a restaurant because the tomato on it is too thick.

1. No, I have a few other abhorrent pieces on the shelves. They don't keep me up at night, but a certainly notice. Caring about and noticing details isn't trivial, at least not in a well functioning society. 

2. I'm a no-tomato kind of guy, I just give the tomatoes to my partner, she loves tomatoes. 

13 minutes ago, iDealélan said:

Honestly with how pretentious these posts are, being liked seems really important to you.

I don’t agree with you at all, but I want you to know - I like you.

1. My horse is too high to worry about others liking me. 

2. That's not necessary, but thank you... that is kind of you. 

Now, back on topic - anyone else jazzed about how their splatter came out? Also, I really forgot how much I enjoyed the riffs and licks on this album.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...