THE AVENGERS

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i need to let this out.. this film was a SEVERE letdown. i want to blame my high expectations (as both a huge avengers AND joss whedon fan) but i think that's just a cop out. this movie was bloated mess. 2 plus hours of fancy set pieces with no substance. i was bored out of my mind. don't get me wrong, there were cool moments dispersed throughout.. and plenty of sequences to totally geek out on (the "one-take" action scene is pretty amazing).. but to me it really played out as 'iron man 2' II. flashy effects and one-liners but nothing else. (very-slight-spoiler ahead..) when the avengers became critical of sheild and it's involvement, i thought "this was the joss whedon movie i was expecting".. but then iron man said something smarmy, and the 15th fight scene broke out. (spoiler done!) having said all of that, the hulk was used extremely effective in this, and i cant wait for the (third) hulk reboot.

i don't want to be the one going against the grain on this.. but please tell me there was someone else out there as frustrated as me with this movie!

EDIT: CHODE PRIDE!!!!

I actually thought the opposite as far as the plot goes, I think Whedon did an awesome job of incorporating all of the characters into this movie. All of them were given screen time, background story, pathos, etc and it was fantastic. One of my favorite movies i've ever seen!

I thought mark ruffalo was a perfect fit for hullk, and I love edward norton. FYI: he's signed on for 6 hulk appearances....there will definitely be another hulk movie, along with a batch of avenger movies. StOk3d

SLIGHT SPOILER BELOW:

All I want is an Infinity Gauntlet trilogy! If the Marvel guys could make the studios collaborate it would be A M A Z I N G! Think about it...Avengers/Fantastic 4/X-Men/Spiderman/etc all in one story!

/nerdgasm

I thought the prices here were crazy. £9 for a standard film £1.50 for 3D 0.90p for the glasses or £4.50 extra for IMAX in our local. Crazy money, and they wonder why people pirate?

Im glad Iron man 3 is out soon and filming thor 2 end of this year in the UK i believe. Xmen first class 2 will be amazing but not being filmed till after hunger games 2...dagnammit

Saw this yesterday. Loved it.

Hulk was fantastic. So many great moments with him, and like everyone else is saying I think Ruffalo was a way better Banner than Norton was.

I hated Thor and am glad he wasn't as present as I expected him to be with Loki being the bad guy.

Also can't believe I stayed for the scene after the scene after the credits. Made me laugh for sure, but I didn't need to stay through the whole credits sequence just for that.

I think they wrote the story better for Ruffalo, and that's what made him better.

Definitely laughed at the final scene, but what was that the point? to get a chuckle? or to show that Thor is back and the reassembled, or something beyond what I am thinking?

I think chronologically that scene took place before Thor left.

I loved this. Now I'll rank them...

The Avengers > Iron Man > Captain America > Thor > Iron Man 2 > The Incredible Hulk

I re-watched everything the week before the Avengers and I really enjoyed all of the films. Can't wait for more!

Someone mentioned Marvel movies before... The new Spider-Man is coming out, but that's being done by Sony, not Marvel Films. The main reason they're doing another Spider-Man so soon is to keep the rights. Also, FOX owns the rights to X-Men.

Does anyone know what's up with the Fantastic Four? It's been awhile since those (awful) movies. I'm hoping that the rights can slip back to Marvel Films. I think they got the Punisher back like this.

I believe Edgar Wright will be doing an Ant-Man movie. I'm not that familiar w/ Ant-Man, but a movie from Wright should be a lot of fun! Hopefully it ties in w/ the rest.

I hope Ruffalo is the Hulk if they do make another movie -- I'm assuming this has to be a go by how much people love Hulk in the Avengers.

What exactly was the scene AFTER the scene after the credits? I didn't know there was another one...

You can find it on youtube, but it's a cam copy. I'll spoil it below...

Spoiler

The whole gang is sitting around eating shawarma. That's it. But it's great, because it's so simple. Also, Ruffalo can't keep a straight face, it's hilarious.

End spoiler

I loved this. Now I'll rank them...

The Avengers > Iron Man > Captain America > Thor > Iron Man 2 > The Incredible Hulk

I re-watched everything the week before the Avengers and I really enjoyed all of the films. Can't wait for more!

Someone mentioned Marvel movies before... The new Spider-Man is coming out, but that's being done by Sony, not Marvel Films. The main reason they're doing another Spider-Man so soon is to keep the rights. Also, FOX owns the rights to X-Men.

Does anyone know what's up with the Fantastic Four? It's been awhile since those (awful) movies. I'm hoping that the rights can slip back to Marvel Films. I think they got the Punisher back like this.

I believe Edgar Wright will be doing an Ant-Man movie. I'm not that familiar w/ Ant-Man, but a movie from Wright should be a lot of fun! Hopefully it ties in w/ the rest.

I hope Ruffalo is the Hulk if they do make another movie -- I'm assuming this has to be a go by how much people love Hulk in the Avengers.

Apparently the movie rights for fantastic four are reverting back to marvel. Which is exciting. I doubt X-men or Spiderman will go back anytime soon. Kinda sucks.

Last I heard Fox still has the Fantastic Four series, and they were trying to reboot it. That was in 2009 though, so it might have slipped back to Marvel since they were unable to get anything going there. The last film came out in 2007, so 5 years might be getting close to the deadline. Might be 10 years though.

Marvel signed Ruffalo to a six picture deal when he join the Avengers cast. So they could option one or two of those as a solo film, or keep him as a background character and Avenger. With the reception that I've seen to Ruffalo and the Hulk in general, they'd be smart to make another solo Hulk film.