THE AVENGERS

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was enjoying the movie, wondering "ok this is pretty good, but i dont see why everyones flipping out."

then hulk says hes always mad, and shit gets real.

awesome movie.

The Avengers > Iron Man > Captain America > The Incredible Hulk > Iron Man 2 > Thor

Fixed.

I found Thor a lot better than IM2. The sequel to Iron Man had some pacing problems and not enough action for long periods of time IMO.

But I love them all, so my rankings are all super close.

Iron Man 2 was on the bottom of my list until Thor. I had problems with them spending so much time focused on the stuff happening in his homeworld (I know it's necessary back story but I didn't like it) and not enough time with the stuff happening on Earth. I think Natalie Portman and Kat Dennings were wasted and could've had bigger roles in Thor. Not to mention the final resolution seemed too quick and easy when all was said and done. The final fight with the robot wasn't anything to write home about.

I think Kenneth Branagh was a poor choice to direct a movie like Thor. If done differently by someone like Joss Whedon I would've enjoyed it more.

At least Iron Man 2 still had RDJ keeping me entertained with his Smarmy-ness. Not to mention Sam Rockwell, who I love in everything.

The best part was Hulk punching Thor in the train station. Classic comic move. From what I hear Mark has signed a deal to be the Hulk for awhile. I liked how they filmed that last scene right after they showed the movie in Europe. I think Joss Whedon was the best director for this movie. It sucks that we have to wait for a sequel till they film iron man 3, Cap 2 etc.

Not to mention the final resolution seemed too quick and easy when all was said and done. The final fight with the robot wasn't anything to write home about.

i liked Thor, but i concur with this.

also, Joss Whedon is the best (but all the cool kids have known that since the BtVS days). he has now put out the two best movies of the year, oddly enough both starring chris hemsworth.

Not to mention the final resolution seemed too quick and easy when all was said and done. The final fight with the robot wasn't anything to write home about.

also, Joss Whedon is the best (but all the cool kids have known that since the BtVS days). he has now put out the two best movies of the year, oddly enough both starring chris hemsworth.

The battle w/ Destroyer ('the robot') wasn't the final fight though. Thor and Loki going at it on the rainbow bridge was the end and that scene was awesome.

The battle w/ Destroyer ('the robot') wasn't the final fight though. Thor and Loki going at it on the rainbow bridge was the end and that scene was awesome.

There's a robot involved? I don't want anything to do with this movie anymore.

well, i guess my response was something along the lines of 'THIS is the Destroyer? THIS is what they considered 'indestructable'? wow, robot thing, you destroyed a couple buildings in a middle of nowhere town. impresssssssive!'

i also concur that that fight was pretty rad. i think that in my head, i separated the Earth plotlines/scenes from the Asgard plotlines/scenes.

Saw it today and love it. I think my favorite part was when Banner said his secret was that he's always angry before taking on that thing. You know.. It was so great.

dude that was my favorite part too! I thought all the characters were perfect! except for maybe hawkeye, I like Jeremy Renner, but his character didn't really do anything great.

I thought the movie was awesome, I lost it when iron man called hawkeye Legolas