Gardening

This could be my dumbest thread yet.

Anyone here into gardening? i'm talking veggies here, not weed.

i started some seeds inside a few weeks ago. Tomatoes, peppers, and kale. Most of them sprouted, so i'm pretty excited. i'm going to be using a raised garden bed, so i'm a bit nervous about transplanting them from the flower pots they are in now. Anyone have any tips on that?

What are you guys/girls growing this year? What have you had success with in the past?

As a subscriber to Country Garden Magazine, yes, I'm into Gardening. ha ha.

I do a lot of Perennial Flowers. Veggies and Herbs?

I do a lot of tomatoes and Lettuce - use them a lot.

I have Strawberries everywhere - they are a weed at this point.

I have Watermelons growing.

Cayenne as well.

Herbs:

Oregano, Parsley, Basil, Thai Basil, Rosemary and Curry.

I got in to building my own planter boxes out of recycled materials. I've given most away but I have my favorite that I made out of repurposed antique farm house shutters. I just got four windows from the 1920s and plan to build a new box soon. Designed the frame but I am deciding on it's final use which is important.

Yeah, i've heard that about berries; they take over everything. i was thinking of dedicating a planter just to them so my fiancee can either freeze or can them later on.

@Vincent Kale is a cool weather crop so depending on where you are it's not the best time for that. Generally leafy veggies are cool weather. Although there are variety's that are heat resistant. I'm growing some buttercrunch lettuce on my porch but I move it to shady areas so it keeps cool.

Gardening is one of my favorite things! I like to grow a lot of cucumbers (pickling variety) for canning pickles. Had about 450 cucumbers from my small plot last year and made about 100 some jars of pickles. I also grow herbs, tomatoes, strawberries (in pots due to squirrel issues), peppers, squash, onions, lettuce, apples, and more stuff. Anyone have pics? Here are some from mine last year:

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]