Sold a record on eBay, USPS bent it in half

I work at Burt's Bees and leave my mail carrier two to four hefty gift bags of free stuff a year...

She puts my packages on the chair on my porch and is always super nice when I see her.

It's nice to have a carrier who isn't a dick and to have some stuff I can give away that didn't cost me anything.

I work at Burt's Bees and leave my mail carrier two to four hefty gift bags of free stuff a year...

She puts my packages on the chair on my porch and is always super nice when I see her.

It's nice to have a carrier who isn't a dick and to have some stuff I can give away that didn't cost me anything.

the burt's bees off aviation parkway in morrisville?

edit: sorry, that's oddly specific, but i work 20 seconds down the road on dominion drive

I make sure my records ship out with a Fragile or Handle with care sticker/stamp on it.

translated: "Break and Abuse Me", ...like the old "Insured" for under $50, and pretty much the newer black label for under $200 (no signature required) w/out DC is translated "Steal Me" ;)

edit: and yes, we give a gift card to our mail lady every year, she's awesome; most of the (rare) bad stuff that happens, happened long before it got to her. She's just the messenger.

the burt's bees off aviation parkway in morrisville?

edit: sorry, that's oddly specific, but i work 20 seconds down the road on dominion drive

Ha ha... yeah, that's the one... creeper.

Actually, that's our distribution warehouse, but I am over there a fair amount.

I'm in the manufacturing facility off Page in Morrisville.

• 4 months later...

I've been buying records through the mail for 20 years. I probably average three packages a week. Today I received a package that the USPS completely destroyed, breaking all three 7" inside to pieces. First time I ever had a problem that made the records unplayable, I guess I've been lucky. No real point to this post other than I needed to bitch to somebody.

The 'funniest' part about it is that it clearly got caught in a machine or something. Just so happened to be right on the part of the package that has a gigantic, professional sticker saying how fragile the contents were inside. The conspiracy continues!!

I make sure my records ship out with a Fragile or Handle with care sticker/stamp on it.

What does this even do, though? I doubt the USPS employee sees a package, says to himself "I'm gonna smash this to shit", but then spots a "fragile" sticker at the last moment and decides otherwise. If it isn't being done on purpose, it's accidental, in which case, if a package is going to get fucked up, I'd say it's going to happen regardless of what you scribble on it.

I actually kept my old PO BOX open for the sake of ordering 45's.  Everytime i had one delivered to my house the mailwoman bent the things until they were shaped like a "U".  Didn't even matter if it had a million "do not bend's stamped on it.

I know for sure that the letter slot I have at the Post Office is too small to fit anything so they hold it behind the counter.

Don't feel like reading 4 pages but here's another point.......................it's a fucking AUCTION!  It's a fucking AUCTION website.  If anyone goes to ANY other auction in the United States and tries to get a refund they may be laughed right out of the building. The risk in an auction is ALWAYS with the buyer.........except on planet mars ebay.

Don't feel like reading 4 pages but here's another point.......................it's a fucking AUCTION!  It's a fucking AUCTION website.  If anyone goes to ANY other auction in the United States and tries to get a refund they may be laughed right out of the building. The risk in an auction is ALWAYS with the buyer.........except on planet mars ebay.

This makes no sense. If you buy from Amazon and the item is fucked up, even though you didn't buy it from a store, you can still get an exchange or a refund. Ebay is an online marketplace like any other websites. Just because the format is an auction that doesn't negate the responsibility of the seller to pack an item properly. If the item is packed right and destroyed in transit then the USPS is to blame.

This makes no sense. If you buy from Amazon and the item is fucked up, even though you didn't buy it from a store, you can still get an exchange or a refund. Ebay is an online marketplace like any other websites. Just because the format is an auction that doesn't negate the responsibility of the seller to pack an item properly. If the item is packed right and destroyed in transit then the USPS is to blame.

Yes it does. Your Amazon example makes no sense because it is not an auction. This is what feedback was originally intended for. Now FB is a means of control by epay.  Epay for those who have been on for 15yrs used to be an simple auction site, and in an auction the risk is on BOTH parties. The seller doesn't know if he will get the amount of $ he wants, and the buyer doesn't know for sure if the product is in fact as stated. If the products are poor the auction house and seller will not be doing it for very long. 

IT'S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY AS A BUYER TO MAKE SURE THE SELLER DOES PACK THE PRODUCT CORRECTLY BEFORE THE AUCTION ENDS.  IF USPS DESTROYS YOUR ITEM IT'S ON YOU, THE BUYER, TO HAVE REQUESTED INSURANCE. This new entitled Amerika is pretty nuts. If you think differently you love diversity and are communist. lol

Update to this.

So I asked the buyer to send me a picture and send me back what's left of the record and I would refund him. I heard nothing for a month. He then left me positive feedback on eBau and I never heard from him again. Scam? Weird.

He probably tries it with every auction he wins.