IVWT Banned?

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who even technically "runs" the VC board these days?

I have more than enough resources to run a forum that has no affiliation with anyone who could profit from it in any way... as I'm sure some other folks here also so... I remember some other board starting after the VC got shut down before.

nobody "runs" it. it runs itself. MTS/SRC have the admin password, and are able to host their own ads on it, and theres moderators (i only know of one or two), but they dont do much.

and yes, there is terrible vacation, which was made when this happened when virgil went under. it was looking promising here though and people stopped being active on it...if things keep going this way...i might even move back over there.

Travis I gotta be honest I'm amazed that you are supporting SRC in this situation. If they're gonna ban IVWT and delete a thread where he can advertise the release he carries, its really not a big jump to them banning you as well. You sell the same Blink albums (albeit a faster pressed and cheaper version) so HT, is clearly a competitor of theirs. This is a lose lose situation when they start banning other distros and stores from advertising. It's a slippery slope is all I'm saying

Huh? Im not backing anyone here. Im just saying from my personal buying experiences in the past with SRC I havent had any issues with them but that I dont support anyone getting banned from the boards (except that Nazi fuck).

I have never had any issues with any of my orders with SRC, they have been really nice to me for everything, even when i had issues with things BUT i don't believe it's right for them to ban IVWT because they are "competition"...I may reconsider any purchases from SRC in the future if the ban stays. UNLESS they did something terribly heinously wrong and deserve the ban but it doesn't look like it's leaning towards that.

also, isnt there some sort of moderation log jhulud? cant you see who actually banned and deleted the thread?

No. I can see who is banned but not who did the banning. No deleted thread log.

nobody "runs" it. it runs itself. MTS/SRC have the admin password, and are able to host their own ads on it, and theres moderators (i only know of one or two), but they dont do much.

Correct on the first part. Only one Mod...me...and yes I don't do much outside of deleting (rarely) duplicate threads, moving threads, and at times warning people privately who have crossed some sort of line with another. And of course fielding all of the reported posts by some who are upset that they got called names in a thread.

you dont need to do much. you do what needs to be done, and no more than that, and thats why i like you. less moderation is better moderation. i thought you had benchwarmer or something helping you, but i guess i was wrong.

i do think you need a couple more people to help you out though...i personally see so many threads going a lot longer than they need to (ie : "nevermind, delete this thread")

also, JHULUD 4 admin.

yea, bottom line is you can't ban someone because they piss YOU off. IVWT was no nuisance to the COMMUNITY, many would argue they were a very active member, and, in fact, an asset. i mean, don't do business with the dude, shit talk him around the water cooler, beat up a pillow, seek the help of a professional, hell, tape his face to a dartboard and have at it, but this is a little ridiculous.

in short: your anger shouldn't be taken out on the community. deal with it like an adult. don't ban people that don't take away from the community.

also, isnt there some sort of moderation log jhulud? cant you see who actually banned and deleted the thread?

Correct on the first part. Only one Mod...me...and yes I don't do much outside of deleting (rarely) duplicate threads, moving threads, and at times warning people privately who have crossed some sort of line with another. And of course fielding all of the reported posts by some who are upset that they got called names in a thread.

The Toby Flenderson of VC. Do you have a special file in New York for name calling complaints?

The Toby Flenderson of VC. Do you have a special file in New York for name calling complaints?

+1. laughed way to hard a the Toby reference.

Edit: Just noticed I cant Exalt/Smite anyone anymore. Is it like this for anyone else.

can we get back on the topic of why an order for 3 copies of Thursday - Waiting were ordered under a false name (the name itself real, but the person ordering was not the person identified as ordering) was made by someone at SRC when they have access to the same distributor Brian does that has copies available? shadiness is shady.

i dont remember the nazi fuck, might have been before my time

i think they are referring to this. i was flipping through this crazy thread like a month ago lol. some nut job and his nazi record collection.

http://vinylcollective.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49467

Wanted to pop in off-topic and thank appletree for posting this, that thread is equal parts entertaining, hilarious and terrifying. Probably the only person on VC that really deserved to be banned

can we get back on the topic of why an order for 3 copies of Thursday - Waiting were ordered under a false name (the name itself real, but the person ordering was not the person identified as ordering) was made by someone at SRC when they have access to the same distributor Brian does that has copies available? shadiness is shady.

What does SRC have to gain from this "shadiness"? I am assuming a distributor takes a long time with a complicated ordering process, whereas IVWT has a 30 second checkout time (with a little more cost than the distributor).

Not saying I support the IVWT banning, but I don't get why this was anything more than a regular purchase. If they are "wiping out competition" why did they buy records from him? Like "I hate the yankees so I am going to buy a ticket to their game and boo them".

i think they are referring to this. i was flipping through this crazy thread like a month ago lol. some nut job and his nazi record collection.

http://vinylcollective.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49467

Wanted to pop in off-topic and thank appletree for posting this, that thread is equal parts entertaining, hilarious and terrifying. Probably the only person on VC that really deserved to be banned

Haaaaaaha, I remember that. That dude got really upset at me, and a lot of other people.