IVWT Banned?

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the end this thread is nothing more than two camps fighting over the unnecessary middleman.

The only argument so far against buying directly from the label is shipping costs. I totally understand, especially for people on a tight budget. Shipping can be as expensive as the record itself. I live in Canada so high priced shipping has been a fact of life for record collecting since day 1, so it becomes a moot point.

Like I said before, maybe it's a hardcore thing but I would rather spend a little more and give it directly to Deathwish, Bridge Nine, Youngblood, React, BBB, Six Feet Under, Painkiller and the rest of the labels I support and make multiple orders doing it.

Plus, how else am I going to get the rare color shit to blog about?

Have a good one everyone.

^^ Dude...never meant that. I was just using that generalization to emphasize the knee-jerk reactions that take place at times around here. No worries Niku...you and I are good dude!

gotcha. word up. thanks for being (what seems) one of the only level headed parts of the control that happens at this community of vinyl collectors. #jhulud4admin

and allison, this is why i love you.

In the end this thread is nothing more than two camps fighting over the unnecessary middleman.

The only argument so far against buying directly from the label is shipping costs. I totally understand, especially for people on a tight budget. Shipping can be as expensive as the record itself. I live in Canada so high priced shipping has been a fact of life for record collecting since day 1, so it becomes a moot point.

Like I said before, maybe it's a hardcore thing but I would rather spend a little more and give it directly to Deathwish, Bridge Nine, Youngblood, React, BBB, Six Feet Under, Painkiller and the rest of the labels I support and make multiple orders doing it.

Plus, how else am I going to get the rare color shit to blog about?

Have a good one everyone.

i get your point about label vs distro purchases, but the main argument at hand here is src and their actions as a forum admin.

its petty, stupid personal bs. as a person that has control in any society, you leave your personal shit at the door and keep a neutral stance. Nobody really knows the true true story, but either way IVWT shouldnt have been banned. and the thread deleted? thats just fucked up, i personally used that thread to keep track of a lot of good releases...so now not only is the forum admin hindering a distros ability to discuss releases, but also my personal ability. and i think thats shitty.

and im saying this from as much of a neutral standpoint as possible. brian is a good dude, i received records within 2 days of me ordering them, and jenna and danny have been nothing but helpful to me in the past, once even finding me a copy of a variant that was sold out.

Nobody is there!? I just posted there for the first time in I guess probably a year. That board was a hell of a lot better than here. Plus there wasn't hardly any mainstream pop shit like Blink 182 or Used threads or anything. More of a punk rock and indpendent board

It was a pretty rad board.

this times a million

Nobody is there!? I just posted there for the first time in I guess probably a year. That board was a hell of a lot better than here. Plus there wasn't hardly any mainstream pop shit like Blink 182 or Used threads or anything. More of a punk rock and indpendent board

forum for all genres > forum for punk rock only

See, this is why I need to come back here more.

For those interested, I have a board that features several fellow VCers (including a couple who have erased their accounts here altogether as of late) posting - some days are faster than others because of how small we are, but hey, the floor's open to talk about ALL music and well, anything else too...

hey, it'll atleast be a Terrible Vacation supplement ;)

This board seems like mostly teenagers who buy records to hang up the wall, and get all giddy over mainstream represses on stupid new colors. It didn't used to be like that. There was occasional alt country horseshit, but not threads about the latest super cool pirates press triple gatefold, with built in fleshlight that is limited to 100 on plaid vinyl for 60 bucks+. I think the downfall started when Reinventing Axl Rose was getting repressed twice a week, and people had all 963 variants.

This board seems like mostly teenagers who buy records to hang up the wall, and get all giddy over mainstream represses on stupid new colors. It didn't used to be like that. There was occasional alt country horseshit, but not threads about the latest super cool pirates press triple gatefold, with built in fleshlight that is limited to 100 on plaid vinyl for 60 bucks+. I think the downfall started when Reinventing Axl Rose was getting repressed twice a week, and people had all 963 variants.

No offense to anyone, or directed at anyone..

My thoughts on everything here:

I don't know if I've ever ordered from IVWT, maybe once, and I know I've only ordered from SRC once or twice. I've never had problems with either, and never noticed either posting. To be honest, I barely read the handles of posts, I read the content and move on to the next post.

My only opinion is that something shady happened in this story. I don't know who is at fault, but I, the uninformed consumer, am siding with IVWT. I've watched SRC do things I disagree with more and more. I remember when they started and were great, but mostly being on top of their customer service. Where they lost me was by putting up POs before records were announced by the labels, or at least instantly. Then big delays and rumors of them selling stuff they don't have, despite listing things as "in stock". Then they partnered with MTS, who is very clearly in over his head and needs to learn to communicate.

None of this is related, but I am viewing this through the lens of everything else I know and for PR's sake alone, SRC needs to remedy this situation and hope people forget about it. With the negative slide they've seen from many here, they are not going to come out on top of this situation and should try to minimize it.

Whatever. I actually don't care how this resolves itself, but I know if I were SRC I'd quietly unban IVWT, but it's almost too late now. If I were SRC, there's a lot I'd be doing differently, actually.

This!

^^ Dude...never meant that. I was just using that generalization to emphasize the knee-jerk reactions that take place at times around here. No worries Niku...you and I are good dude!

gotcha. word up. thanks for being (what seems) one of the only level headed parts of the control that happens at this community of vinyl collectors. #jhulud4admin

and allison, this is why i love you.

[image]

xoxo

My thoughts on everything here:

I don't know if I've ever ordered from IVWT, maybe once, and I know I've only ordered from SRC once or twice. I've never had problems with either, and never noticed either posting. To be honest, I barely read the handles of posts, I read the content and move on to the next post.

My only opinion is that something shady happened in this story. I don't know who is at fault, but I, the uninformed consumer, am siding with IVWT. I've watched SRC do things I disagree with more and more. I remember when they started and were great, but mostly being on top of their customer service. Where they lost me was by putting up POs before records were announced by the labels, or at least instantly. Then big delays and rumors of them selling stuff they don't have, despite listing things as "in stock". Then they partnered with MTS, who is very clearly in over his head and needs to learn to communicate.

None of this is related, but I am viewing this through the lens of everything else I know and for PR's sake alone, SRC needs to remedy this situation and hope people forget about it. With the negative slide they've seen from many here, they are not going to come out on top of this situation and should try to minimize it.

Whatever. I actually don't care how this resolves itself, but I know if I were SRC I'd quietly unban IVWT, but it's almost too late now. If I were SRC, there's a lot I'd be doing differently, actually.

Great post. I hope SRC reads this if nothing else in the entire thread.

all music is cool, but the stupid talk about color variants and crap like that is what's annoying.

i wish labels were more like they use to be.. they made color variants and if you ordered a record, maybe you got lucky with a different color. maybe not. variant #'s not listed. This is how it should be.

POISON IDEA was on the money and has been right about you guys since 1984. FTW!

PS: TERRIBLE VACATION!!!

all music is cool, but the stupid talk about color variants and crap like that is what's annoying.

i wish labels were more like they use to be.. they made color variants and if you ordered a record, maybe you got lucky with a different color. maybe not. variant #'s not listed. This is how it should be.

POISON IDEA was on the money and has been right about you guys since 1984. FTW!

PS: TERRIBLE VACATION!!!

I totally agree. It might seem like something stupid to miss. I love color variants and such, but when everybody starts charging an arm and a leg and calling everything "limited" it pretty much means limited until we feel like not selling it anymore. Seems more of a mantle piece as opposed to being into it because it's a great band. Maybe it's just getting jaded as get older, we miss "the old days". Just like when our parents say they remember when a soda was a nickle or something. Just weird to see stuff like 20-25 dollar lp's and such becoming the norm.