Anyone watch community?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

POP! POP!

i just revisited the episode where brittas hanging out with her lesbian friend, and i have to say, pierce might have my favorite quote of the series with his prepared statement.

"and, in summation: good luck, and bon apetit."

No es bueno.

::)

Easily the best network comedy on TV right now (Parks and Rec can be funnier, but Community consistently has better character development, and doesn't have the mockumentary angle to lean on - if I had a nickel for every time Adam Scott gives looks bemusedly at the camera...). I just don't think it's going to be the same at all with Harmon gone. Every interview and commentary I've seen makes it seem like he's the driving force behind the show, hopefully the last 13 episodes next year can coast to a satisfying conclusion on sheer momentum.

No es bueno.

::)

Easily the best network comedy on TV right now (Parks and Rec can be funnier, but Community consistently has better character development, and doesn't have the mockumentary angle to lean on - if I had a nickel for every time Adam Scott gives looks bemusedly at the camera...). I just don't think it's going to be the same at all with Harmon gone. Every interview and commentary I've seen makes it seem like he's the driving force behind the show, hopefully the last 13 episodes next year can coast to a satisfying conclusion on sheer momentum.

Big Bang theory and Modern Family blow this out of the water. I really cannot get into the humor in this show. I know a lot of people like it, but not my cup of tea

No way Big Bang is even close.

really? no way? how bout big bang going from 8 million viewers (season one) to almost 16 million viewers (season 5) and community going from 4.4 million viewers (season 1) to 2.5 million viewers (season 3). surely viewership isn't everything, but big bang is doing something right.

i really liked the first season of community. second season fell off for me. i remember troy's birthday episode being a standout, but was rather disappointed. every season 3 episode i've seen has been pretty bad. i understand if the show really got to you the first season, you wanna stay along for the ride and forgive a few bad episodes. but this show just isn't that good.

No way Big Bang is even close.

really? no way? how bout big bang going from 8 million viewers (season one) to almost 16 million viewers (season 5) and community going from 4.4 million viewers (season 1) to 2.5 million viewers (season 3). surely viewership isn't everything, but big bang is doing something right.

i really liked the first season of community. second season fell off for me. i remember troy's birthday episode being a standout, but was rather disappointed. every season 3 episode i've seen has been pretty bad. i understand if the show really got to you the first season, you wanna stay along for the ride and forgive a few bad episodes. but this show just isn't that good.

respectfully, but completely, disagree

I respectfully agree with him. I tried watching it with my wife, and the one episode made almost no sense and just kind of dragged along. I blame Chevy Chase, but also the indian dude.

I'm sorry but there's no way Big Bang Theory is a better show than Community, it might have a wider audience but it's a pretty average sitcom. Community is extremely cleverly written and without Dan Harmon it's going to suck. I like to view Community how I view Arrested Development, both insanely witty and clever shows that weren't that popular when on the air and went/are going under appreciated.

White people sure love these "clever" and/or "smart" comedies. I guess I am just old fashioned and prefer my comedy to be FUNNY.

Anytime I have watched an episode of this or Parks and Recreation I don't laugh...I get the writing but it just isn't that funny to me. It's getting canned for a reason you know?

White people sure love these "clever" and/or "smart" comedies. I guess I am just old fashioned and prefer my comedy to be FUNNY.

Anytime I have watched an episode of this or Parks and Recreation I don't laugh...I get the writing but it just isn't that funny to me. It's getting canned for a reason you know?

Yes, it's getting cancelled because you don't find it funny.

If I may ask, Jimmy, what is your ethnicity, and what superior shows does it qualify you to recommend?

you mean you like being told when to laugh.

community and parks are the 2 best comedies on tv. the only competition they have are archer and workaholics.

and whoever said happy endings isnt funny, fuck you. that cast can do no wrong.

I agree with coma. Big Bang is average, not bad but nothing special. Viewership definitely does not define quality. Apply that principle to music and tell me you still think that. Its also weird because yesterday I compared it to the Arrested Development situation too.

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

bazinga.

so random quotes from a show classify it as being funny? and frankly i dont care how many people watch certain shows, i just personally cannot get into that, or parks and rec, or stuff sort of similar. All of the big networks are doing shows that are similar. It's just lacking something. It's trying to not be funny to be funny, which to me still makes it not funny. Workaholics is amazing, i think its better than this and Big Bang theory, but it's only aim is for single party guys, thus, cannot enjoy it as much a one about fmilies, or nerds for that matter

i just had a long-winded response. but i dont feel like doing this.

i love community. and to anyone who fails to see how wonderful it is, then you're simply missing out. it just sucks when you try to drag it in the mud by saying something on cbs is better.

edison out.

i just had a long-winded response. but i dont feel like doing this.

i love community. and to anyone who fails to see how wonderful it is, then you're simply missing out. it just sucks when you try to drag it in the mud by saying something on cbs is better.

edison out.

i don't even know what channel most of this stuff is on, I use hulu. i didn't know that had a correaltion haha