Welcome to the New Vinyl Collective Forum!

my only gripe, which I think a mod or jenna might be able to help me out with is that i can't change my display name. it says i have to post 607 more times in order to do so. i've been posting as malonekw at VC and was wondering if i could get that changed to malonekw either manually or have that setting switched. thanks

I am still getting my bearings around here but if you go to 'My Settings' on your profile and on left go to 'Display Names' I think you should be able to change name. If I read that correctly you can do up to three times.

We (the src nerd staff) have been using this software for well over 2 years testing for this and other projects and for a large community this forum software destroys all others. We really hope you enjoy and we are working all day today to tweak the design as we all know people's eyes are burning hehe :P

I am still getting my bearings around here but if you go to 'My Settings' on your profile and on left go to 'Display Names' I think you should be able to change name. If I read that correctly you can do up to three times.

yeah thats where i tried. right now though, i'm getting this message. as of now, it looks like you need a minimum of 1,000 post in order to change your display name. are you able to change that or is that a non-custom setting?

Change Display Name

You cannot change your display name until you have 605 more approved posts

loving the new forum. this is the same style forum i visit for VCU basketball.

my only gripe, which I think a mod or jenna might be able to help me out with is that i can't change my display name. it says i have to post 607 more times in order to do so. i've been posting as malonekw at VC and was wondering if i could get that changed to malonekw either manually or have that setting switched. thanks

I set the limit to 200 instead of 1,000 so you can now change your name.