Welcome to the New Vinyl Collective Forum!

is there an easy way to go to the first unread post like there was on the original VC where you could just click the 'new' button? im sure there is and im just missing it.

If you click on the FORUMS link at the top, it'll go to the main page. On the right hand side is an image that says "view new content". Is that what you're looking for? Actually, that's up there on any of the pages.

If you then click, on the left hand side and choose, "past 24 hours" it should give a good glimpse and what's going on. I'm sure you will have to dial in the settings you need.

If you click on the FORUMS link at the top, it'll go to the main page. On the right hand side is an image that says "view new content". Is that what you're looking for? Actually, that's up there on any of the pages.

If you then click, on the left hand side and choose, "past 24 hours" it should give a good glimpse and what's going on. I'm sure you will have to dial in the settings you need.

That's kind of it. But I think I figured out my main question on my own. Thanks dude !

How do you turn off signatures like on the old board. If I'm looking at the site at work, I can't have peoples stupid signatures flashing on the screen. If this is easy to do and I'm just a moron, I apologize.

'My Settings' > 'Ignore Preferences' > Checkmark "Ignore all signatures when reading topics" at top.

Also although I am not able to move the thread we had in the temp area discussing the adjustment of the rules and guidelines here, I did copy and paste it into a word document. I will start a new thread later on today so we can continue to address this as well as begin to move forward on the ideas.

Has the whole "friends" issue been addressed yet? What is the purpose of sending someone a friend request? Another problem I'm having is it's telling me my deadformat sig isn't allowed. Is there a reason for this?

Also, to Jenna and everyone else at SRC, I'm like this new look so far. Good on you guys and thanks for the explanation of what went down.

Has the whole "friends" issue been addressed yet? What is the purpose of sending someone a friend request?

Also, to Jenna and everyone else at SRC, I'm like this new look so far. Good on you guys and thanks for the explanation of what went down.

I could see it as a way to have people vouch for you in the buy/sell forum. When you click on someones profile, it's going to show you who they're friends with and you can send them a message asking if the trade went well. Also, we all have friends on here, why not tell everyone who you're friends with, lol ;)

You should add someone and see what happens