PO: The Gaslight Anthem - Handwritten

i liked the first couple songs i heard a while ago, but wasn't sure if i'd buy the record yet (i'm trying to cut back and save $). glad i got to listen to the stream on npr, i pulled the trigger and ordered from interpunk anyway, heh.

music video for the title track:

http://www.daveproxy...&b=13&f=norefer

nice video. there's a crosley in there. lol.

If for some reason I can't get into the '59 sound AT ALL but I enjoy American Slang a lot, do we think I will like this one?

It makes sense seeing as how they both have a different vibe/sound to them. I haven't listened to Handwritten yet because I'm waiting to spin it so I can't say whether or not you'd like it. Check out the stream on NPR and judge for yourself.

Im a little late on buying this. Is blue the only color besides the standard black? Euro color? Also, does anyone still have the blue in stock for sure? I should have bought this earlier but i never did.

From gaslightanthem.org, which stays updated on vinyl pressing information pretty well, it looks like 500 on black for Euro (and the 7" with the songs from the deluxe edition CD is also pressed at 500). Blue will be in stock FOREVER...pressing of 10,000 means it'll be readily available for a long time.

I just got the copy of the LP that we're using to photograh for HT.com and it had a sticker on the front saying limited edition 180 gram blue vinyl so I guess HT will have the blue vinyl as well.

I have a feeling the entire first pressing is this 180 gram blue vinyl.

I havent really been following this thread so sorry if this was already discussed.

Listened to the NPR stream, I think I like it. I definitely like that they toned down the "when we were young" type lyrics. I feel like every other song had that line in the past.

Really the only knock I have on Gaslight (which is by far my favorite band). Every song is just an amalgamation of the words father, mother, blood, radio, regret, young, and a few others. Brian does come up with some really great, original lines too but I worry it is becoming formulaic. Still, really, really, really good album.