PO: The Gaslight Anthem - Handwritten

Where can I find those clips man?

Just ordered the bundle. Really dig the tee. $73 to Australia. Album better be good!

The site is in German so it's tough to figure out.

Just log-in through facebook. After you do that, you'll see (in German) a login on the left with only one field to fill in and a login to the right with two fields to fill in. Ignore the login field on the right. Make up a password and type it into the single field on the left and you'll be good to go:

http://www.universal-music.de/the-gaslight-anthem/videos/detail/video:275962/making-of-handwritten

Why? Vinyl "collecting" is a fad right now. Labels are trying to cash in on the short window they have to make as much money on releasing variants. It's similiar to what comic book publishers did in the early 90's. Those comics are flooding used comic bins and are probably not worth the paper they're printed on.

In the 20 odd years I've been buying records, I've seen lots of people get into buying records and a few years later unload them. For whatever reasons (Graduating college, marriage, kids, etc...) and buying records took a back seat to life. It'll happen to most everyone on this forum after the fad has died and people have decided to move onto something new. I personally can't wait for the days to return to when I can walk out of a record store with an armful of used records for the price of what a couple of used "rare" or even new records cost now.

Don't take the previous comments as people shouldn't collect records. People should do what they want to make themselves happy. I'm glad there is a resurgence of vinyl. A lot of great records that were out of print, import only, or never released on vinyl have been pressed. The flipside is records are more expensive now than ever. When it comes down to it, It's just a fad right now.

In full disclosure, I do collect variants, but only F.Y.P variants. That's just because I've been doing it for 20 years.

Blah, blah, blah.

I'm old too and have been buying records for decades, yet some of the stuff I want most never ends up cheap in the used bins. Yeah, people will stop "collecting," but if the music is good that record still won't cost $1. They're not pressing the tens and hundreds of thousands they did years ago.

I preordered through interpunk because I've found their preorders to have little to no issues.

As much as I like having limited variants, I'm not going to drop that much cash.

I completely agree. With every other release they have done, I have tried to get the first and most limited pressing, but I just can't justify $50 for an LP and a poster and shirt I don't want.

the awesome thing is that when this finally ships and everyone finds out that the blue was only limited to those bundles (200), everyone will be pissed they didn't spend the $50 on a record that will instantly be worth over $100. I doubt this, but it has happened in the past. I'm not a big fan of the gaslight anthem these days, so I'll pass on anything more than $15 really....