Is anyone here using Dropbox? Can we get a VC Dropbox going?

I was thinking maybe we could do a VC dropbox kind of thing, where we would all share tracks/albums... I mean, you can't download them, so it'd only be streaming and not stealing or illegally sharing.. And naturally, you wouldn't post anything that hasn't been released unless its cool with the artist. Maybe with each album we could have a pdf on where to buy the record, too?

It'd be a cool way for a ton of people to be introduced to many different styles of music and bands they might never hear about?

Would also be a good way for VC bands to get their music out!!

Anyways, If you're interested, PM me your email, and I could send a link to a VC folder (you have to be invited) and we could get this shit started!

that came off as super sarcastic, but I was serious. I guess what I meant to say was 'best idea ever', but honestly this is a great idea

I would like to see this happen.

Cool. Shoot me your guys' emails via PM so I can send you an invite. I'll upload some stuff to start us off. For every person that joins, we get 500mb of space, so more music can be added!

Cool, so I sent everyone an invite who PMed me. I also uploaded 3 albums! Please upload as well, it doesn't really work if I'm the only one uploading my own music ^_^ . It'd be interested in hearing other peoples tastes and stuff!

hmmm looks like I may have just deleted the three albums you uploaded. I really don't know how that happened? Hopefully they will reappear?

Sorry!!!

edit: ok I didn't delete them, I just stole them to my library. putting em back now!! crisis averted!!

I love dropbox, I use that shit everyday, it makes it so much easier to share files at work then a billion emails. Dropbox is honestly one of the best things I've ever found, I'm surprised that Apple hasn't snatched em up yet. Also I'm up to 8gb free cause of invites and photo uploads

so some friends of mine and i do this. the only problem is, as youve discovered, when you pull stuff from the folder, it deletes it from the cloud, so remember to copy it to your desktop and dont move it from the folder.

i like to put up an album a week or something for everyone to listen to and then rotate that out with each person picking something. id definitely be interested in that. however, you arent streaming them, you are essentially sharing them, but since its a community where everyone knows each other and has an invite, i dont think its pirating necessarily (you can burn CDs for your friend, right?)

anyway id be interested in an invite, sounds like fun

I'm just confused as to how dropbox is what is being used.. So you play music from it but you DON'T copy it from your iTunes and or you delete it from your computer after you listen to the song?

Unless Dropbox has some special media player I have never heard of, all this does IS promote music pirating. [ which is totally good for the music business IMO ]

I just uploaded several folders separated by genre. All the bands have under 50k listeners on last.fm, most are more obscure but there are also quite a bit more well known bands that some of you may have missed out on. I only did up to the letter K for now so let me know your thoughts on this first batch and I will add more for bands you liked (I only uploaded 1 song from each band) and then replace the others with bands starting with the letters L-Z.

I'm just confused as to how dropbox is what is being used.. So you play music from it but you DON'T copy it from your iTunes and or you delete it from your computer after you listen to the song?

Unless Dropbox has some special media player I have never heard of, all this does IS promote music pirating. [ which is totally good for the music business IMO ]

not pirating, sharing between friends using a password-restricted folder.