Ryan Adams- Live After Deaf

Got mine today! Looks and Sounds great! I am just utterly bored after listening to 3 records....I just wish this was a full band...or B-Sides, or anything else for that matter. Dont get me wrong Im a huge RA fan and have been since the beginning...but all these acoustic songs back to back to back get old......It's a super cool thing to own....id never pay EBAY prices for it though.....not worth it at all! but worth the 160!!

Got mine today! Looks and Sounds great! I am just utterly bored after listening to 3 records....I just wish this was a full band...or B-Sides, or anything else for that matter. Dont get me wrong Im a huge RA fan and have been since the beginning...but all these acoustic songs back to back to back get old......It's a super cool thing to own....id never pay EBAY prices for it though.....not worth it at all! but worth the 160!!

I'm just curious... Did you see him on this last tour? Going into the show, I was wishing it was going to be full band, but I thought he sounded so great solo that after a few songs, I was really glad it was just him. Maybe it's because the records remind so much of the show, but I'm glad that these are solo recordings. I hope he releases some full band shows at some point, but I'm really digging these.

It says you save 163 dollars if you bought all songs individually. Something tells me there will be bitching by the people that bought the boxset saying the digital is too cheap on their facebook page.

Whoa, whoa, whoa... Hold it right there. I think you're underestimating Ryan Adams fans. I can't imagine them going on the FB page and bitching about that, considering how reasonable everyone was being about the preorder situation. Oh wait...

In all seriousness though, I'm ridiculously jealous of everyone that got a copy of this... And everyone that has almost $1000 of disposable income and can buy it on eBay.

So all of the press I saw about this set's download card said there was a total of 218 tracks. When I downloaded, unzipped and put into iTunes it only counts 217 tracks. But I've compared each folder to what's inside the original .zip file and can't figure out what I'm missing.

Does anybody else have this same problem? Know anything about it?

• 9 years later...

So I picked this up “opened but unplayed” some years back and just found out there’s supposed to be a track listing glued on the back. Never knew cause discogs didn’t have a photo of the back and there isn’t any residue or indication anything was ever there. Does anyone else that still has this and did theirs fall off, or get one without?  

*nm. Looked at some being sold on discogs and there are a few where the same thing happened. Too bad the original owner didn’t at least keep it. 

Edited by Dhesketh
Answered my own q