this place seems dead since the change

Guest realtalk

Notes and Bolts message board... they're great people but don't bother if you are looking for vinyl release info... not a lot of action in that respect. but still nice people and you might wanna go there. A very "Cheers"-like atmosphere.

Notes and Bolts message board... they're great people but don't bother if you are looking for vinyl release info... not a lot of action in that respect. but still nice people and you might wanna go there. A very "Cheers"-like atmosphere.

Most of the people over there arent big into the same stuff that is big over here for records, and others still come here to get heads up on release dates and pre orders, but I would love to see the vinyl section grow over there. Feel free to stop by and post some vinyl news over there and in other sections as well.

So which of us is Ted Dansen? ;)

But really, I tend to not buy very many new records, so unless it's a band I'm crazy about, I never pay attention to PO's which is why I don't personally post up very many. That said, anyone is welcome to come over and post up PO's or anything else for that matter about vinyl as they please. For the few of us who are over there, the tastes tend to diverge a good bit from here i.e. not big fans of Thrice or Blink for the most part and so on. The N&B label, even, specializes in 'weirdo' music (our first 45 is coming in late July with the second and third dropping in late August and September respectively).

Because we're MUCH smaller, things are more tight knit and everyone are pretty good friends - as a result of it seeming slow over there, lots of folks will sign on and not post if they don't find something that interests them, then as here and any other message board, the strength of a place is dependent on its members holding it up.

no, the blue background is awful. it needs to be drastically toned down and they need to pitch the blue rollovers on links too. i am hating on it. a lot.

The blue background, to my eye, is almost pure cyan. Cyan is a high chroma color and with this much purity and saturation, you get eye fatigue pretty quickly. It's a great color accent color, but a pretty overwhelming primary background color.

I'm guessing the switch to grey provides a similar contrast and tonal range but since the "Chroma" of a color is measured by the existence of black, white or grey, it obviously would be on the other end of the spectrum, thus less fatigue.

Cutting the current BG with 50% white or black, preferably white IMO, would fix it. I don't think the links would be as obvious an issue if the BG was fixed. But, you could add 25% black to the link color, potentially solve the problem but still keep some range in the palette.