Old Canes "Shapeshifter" Kickstarter

I saw AC on their Mare Vitalis tour earlier this Summer and I realized I had forgotten about all of this. The show was good, but I was totally thinking that that dude still owes me $15.

Haha, me too. I was at the show with a buddy of mine trying to explain the entire situation.

Never forget.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've heard rumblings of new Appleseed Cast next year.  The title of the album should be "All Proceeds Will Go to Reimburse Old Canes Kickstarter Supporters".  I'm still rooting for you guys.

This would be the second AC release since the Old Canes Kickstarter was blown off. I suggested they just send OC backers that last Appleseed record and be done but that would have been too logical. 

"I said it when Illumination Ritual was released, the next thing I put out will be this. I'm not going to release anything by Appleseed Cast or any other project, until I have turned this into something I am excited about and finish it"

Bullshit.

The 17th is 5 years

Obviously this isn't ever going to happen, but I wonder what I'd do if this ever got pressed. Would I listen to it? I don't know. I've sold off all my Appleseed Cast stuff and I don't have any desire to listen to anything Chris puts out again. It has all been tainted by this experience. I went in on the vinyl/poster/shirt package and I have no use for any of that stuff anymore. I'm probably better off just having the Kickstarter around as something to complain about a couple times a year.

• 6 months later...

Well this is pretty cool of Chris. I can finally stop holding a grudge over $15.

"Hi, To answer the first obvious question - Yes I am still trying to get this project done.  I go through periods of time that I am able to work on it, and other, where I am not able to.  Most of my days I do not have a spare minute, and I do not have days off, ever.

That said, while we are in the midst of this, much longer than expected process, I do have a tour coming up in October and November.  We will be touring with the band Caspian.

If any of you kind people would like to be put on the guest list for any of the shows, I would be overjoyed be able to reciprocate in some small way, and get you on.

PLEASE email me at [email protected] if you are interested!

Thank you!
Chris"

1 hour ago, robotfactory said:

Well this is pretty cool of Chris. I can finally stop holding a grudge over $15.

"Hi, To answer the first obvious question - Yes I am still trying to get this project done.  I go through periods of time that I am able to work on it, and other, where I am not able to.  Most of my days I do not have a spare minute, and I do not have days off, ever.

That said, while we are in the midst of this, much longer than expected process, I do have a tour coming up in October and November.  We will be touring with the band Caspian.

If any of you kind people would like to be put on the guest list for any of the shows, I would be overjoyed be able to reciprocate in some small way, and get you on.

PLEASE email me at [email protected] if you are interested!

Thank you!
Chris"

Hi. I am from Kansas City and have always made an attempt to keep Chris on a leash about this subject whenever I see him at shows that aren't TAC to get some sort of an update. Obviously we all believe its a lost cause at this point. However, I reached out to him on Wednesday to ask about guest list at future TAC/Caspian dates since the nearest was Omaha and both bands can take my cake. Citing the lost cause that is my 7" records I pledged for. He got back to me today with an absolutely and a plus one. I would just reach out to TAC on Facebook. He has always responded to my messages in a prompt manner. I know its all location but I would challenge any and every Kickstarter OG supporter to seize this opportunity. TAC isn't the magic they once were back when Aaron was in it too but its still a force to be reckoned with. Not to mention, Caspian is easily worth $15 alone. Just my two cents.

19 hours ago, giantfortune said:

Hi. I am from Kansas City and have always made an attempt to keep Chris on a leash about this subject whenever I see him at shows that aren't TAC to get some sort of an update. Obviously we all believe its a lost cause at this point. However, I reached out to him on Wednesday to ask about guest list at future TAC/Caspian dates since the nearest was Omaha and both bands can take my cake. Citing the lost cause that is my 7" records I pledged for. He got back to me today with an absolutely and a plus one. I would just reach out to TAC on Facebook. He has always responded to my messages in a prompt manner. I know its all location but I would challenge any and every Kickstarter OG supporter to seize this opportunity. TAC isn't the magic they once were back when Aaron was in it too but its still a force to be reckoned with. Not to mention, Caspian is easily worth $15 alone. Just my two cents.

The Caspian/TAC tour isn't coming near me...still out $15 and I care even less now...

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...