New Color Vinyl for Glass Candy/Chromatics/Desire - IDIB

56 minutes ago, itsgoodtobefree said:

You guys including the quotation marks in the subject line?

I do, but...

54 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

I always ditch the quotes.

I've "won" the last 5 straight giveaways.

... maybe that's why I haven't gotten anything yet despite entering the last couple giveaways with the quickness.

Not really sure if that makes a difference though, probably depends on whether they sort out the mails re: giveaways by hand or have a program with a certain filter do it.

2 minutes ago, poweredbytrust said:

I do, but...

... maybe that's why I haven't gotten anything yet despite entering the last couple giveaways with the quickness.

Not really sure if that makes a difference though, probably depends on whether they sort out the mails re: giveaways by hand or have a program with a certain filter do it.

My guess would be that they just don't send international. I've been within minutes on the last few, but haven't received anything as of yet. I don't blame them at all though, international shipping is way too expensive.

I could totally understand why they wouldn't ship internationally. No blame at all to this awesome label. However, their postings always say "we ship throughout the galaxy", which to me sounds as if they don't really care where people are/where they have to ship it to. They might have some kind of "international  limit" though, like only a certain amount of intl. people get a package each time and after that they ship only domestic in order not to drown in shipping costs.

I guess we'll never know, but I'll keep trying because their stuff is cool as hell. 

todays giveaway:

Over the last few years, we've been adding to an ever increasing stock of records that the pressing plants & shipping companies have slightly damaged in transit. the vinyl platters are in perfect shape, but the covers are a little bent. stay tuned to this page as every wednesday around 10 am...we will have a different title sent to your doorstep for free. today's mail is the delicious "A Beautiful Now" Soundtrack LP on cherry red vinyl. it was the first record we made after moving to Los Angeles from Montreal for a small independent film written & directed by Daniela Amavia. the record features adam's original 8 track demo of "shadow" as well as the only vinyl pressing of "the last dance" & "mr. midnight". this is the second run on cherry red vinyl.

email us with this subject line in all caps:
"MR. MIDNIGHT...MAY I HAVE THIS DANCE ?"

to this address:
[email protected]

include:
your current shipping address in the email

we only have 185 copies...
winners are chosen on a first come first serve basis.
we ship throughout the galaxy.
good luck & thank you for listening.
xo
johnny jewel

todays giveaway

Today we have a few copies from the "HOME" original motion picture soundtrack on clear fuschia vinyl. Featuring pop songs from Chromatics & Symmetry on the A side with the ambient score on the B side. Fien Troch won best director at the Venice Film Festival for the film, and this week the score is nominated in Belgium. We are sold out of these in our store...New pressing on ivory vinyl should be here very very soon!

email us with this subject line in all caps:
"MAGAZINE...YOU'RE NOT WHAT YOU SEEM"

to this address:
[email protected]

include:
your current shipping address in the email

we only have 72 copies...
winners are chosen on a first come first serve basis.
we ship throughout the galaxy.
good luck & thank you for listening.
xo
johnny jewel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A couple of new archival releases popped up in the store this morning:

Glass Candy - I Always Say Yes [Lavender Marble LP] 

Chromatics - Nite [Transparent Green Mist LP]

Also, the Autumn Bundle [w/ 12" releases by Andrew Douglas Rothbard, Twisted Wires, and Invisible Conga People] looks pretty interesting for $20.

7 hours ago, Barry Zito said:

A couple of new archival releases popped up in the store this morning:

Glass Candy - I Always Say Yes [Lavender Marble LP] 

Chromatics - Nite [Transparent Green Mist LP]

Also, the Autumn Bundle [w/ 12" releases by Andrew Douglas Rothbard, Twisted Wires, and Invisible Conga People] looks pretty interesting for $20.

Warm in the Winter & Geto Boys got a repress (500) each as well !

just placed a big order :D 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Amoeba in Hollywood has the Johnny Jewel LP for sale in their bins (at 24.98). 

I did not see Lou's EP there.   I wrote to Holodeck this morning to see which version of Lou's EP they have stocking.

====================================

Here is the reply I got from Holodeck:

We printed two variants of Lou’s EP: one on black and one on translucent blue/green. The Holodeck store(s) have the black vinyl in stock and the colored variant is available exclusively through Italians Do It Better. 

Thanks,
Adam
Edited by jackshidt
Added Holodeck's reply