New Color Vinyl for Glass Candy/Chromatics/Desire - IDIB

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/19/2019 at 7:27 AM, timsimmons said:

We see these tour dates? 

https://italiansdoitbetter.com/tour/

Are you going for tickets to the show at Park West? I haven't been there before, have you? If so, what's it like?

Since it's 1000-person capacity, I'm thinking it will probably sell out pretty quick, but I'm wondering if they have the next night available to book a 2nd show if that's the case. 

I'm gonna be out of town. 

Its a cool venue. I haven't been there in about 10 years. Feels like an old 1920s club. Lots of seats with tables (You need to call to reserve one after you buy tickets ), but there is an open floor too. Theres a balcony but not like a theater. Kinda like a wrap around upper seating area. Its cool. Good sound too.

Nice, thanks for the info! Does reserving a table cost extra on top of the ticket cost? Couldn't find anything mentioning it on the website. I most likely would just go for the open floor regardless, but would be good to know for future reference. Sorry to hear you'll be out of town for it!

• 2 months later...

I am a long-time Johnny Jewel  / Chromatics / IDIB fan .  I'm really pissed and want to warn others.

IDIB are using the DMCA Anti-Copyright Act to take down all live concert videos from the current IDIB / Chromatics / Desire tour from YouTube.   Every night a dozen or more songs are posted to YouTube by fans from the concert, and every day the videos are removed at the request of IDIB claiming copyright infringement.   (Normally, YouTube concert videos are considered 'fair use' and so IDIB are abusing the system when they take down legally uploaded concert videos.  I do not know their reason. )

I am warning people because if you receive 3 takedowns then your YouTube channel is blocked and all your videos will be removed as well.    IDIB have taken down my Chromatics videos from their recent California concert.  IDIB are not responding to my written communications as they are required to, but I am still in jeopardy in losing my YouTube posting privileges (and even my .gmail account).   My Google / YouTube account is in jeopardy. 

It's a really really crummy thing for IDIB to do, IMO.  spacer.png

Edited by jackshidt

27 minutes ago, jackshidt said:

It's a really really crummy thing for IDIB to do, IMO.  

Man, I don't know - that absolutely sucks your accounts are getting dinged but I find it hard to call it crummy, or even wrong. If posting concert videos is completely legal and not going against any copyright policy for the venue, musician, set designer, anything, then I'd have to blame YouTube here for allowing that flagging to be allowed. But I always thought concert videos, while often ignored, are absolutely subject to being removed.

These guys aren't very big, currently on a tour and trying to sell tickets. I guess you could argue that the videos will encourage others to go to a show but I can see why the artist wouldn't agree. 

2 hours ago, jackshidt said:

I am a long-time Johnny Jewel  / Chromatics / IDIB fan .  I'm really pissed and want to warn others.

IDIB are using the DMCA Anti-Copyright Act to take down all live concert videos from the current IDIB / Chromatics / Desire tour from YouTube.   Every night a dozen or more songs are posted to YouTube by fans from the concert, and every day the videos are removed at the request of IDIB claiming copyright infringement.   (Normally, YouTube concert videos are considered 'fair use' and so IDIB are abusing the system when they take down legally uploaded concert videos.  I do not know their reason. )

I am warning people because if you receive 3 takedowns then your YouTube channel is blocked and all your videos will be removed as well.    IDIB have taken down my Chromatics videos from their recent California concert.  IDIB are not responding to my written communications as they are required to, but I am still in jeopardy in losing my YouTube posting privileges (and even my .gmail account).   My Google / YouTube account is in jeopardy. 

The consequences seem a bit harsh there. Good thing you didn't post 3 videos. 

It's very difficult for me to be mad at IDIB. I mean Johnny has always sold his records for well below most labels and he always does new cool colors, signed records, and other cool stuff. I don't know what his reasoning is, but I have to respect it because he does treat his fans pretty damn well.

If they don't want videos posted to YouTube, then say so at the beginning of the concert.   Many artists do this and the crowd keeps their phones in their pockets.  Or, better yet, use that system where phones are confiscated and held in the lobby till the show is over.  That's the right way to do it, IMO.

As a backup step, don't go straight to Google and charge the fans with 'copyright infringement'.  Instead, send a form email to YouTubers and ask them to take the video down.  I'm sure most people will do that.  Everyone posting IDIB concert videos is a fan and they'll understand a simple request with a simple explanation.  

Yeah,  no. Good luck getting IDIB fans to turn on them. They treat their fans well and this makes sense to me. They’re obviously trying to keep this tour and it’s setup under wraps and are working towards announcing dear tommy. Pretty sure JJ didn’t mean to personally sleight you. If they wanted to screw fans they wouldn’t charge $18 for triple LPs and ensure there’s essentially zero market for flipping their releases with constant represses the second something sells out 

Edited by holyvacantsholyhell

• 2 weeks later...

Caught this tour last night and holy shit, go see it. Fucking phenomenal. Awesome stage set-up and all 3 acts were top-notch. I've never seen so much vinyl at a merch table in my life before. 

Also it seems like some of the vinyl are older presses? I got a copy of Night Drive on white and Desire's LP on red. 

Edited by museummouth