Gaslight Anthem "45 RPM Club" fan club membership (w/bonus 7-inch annually)

They sent this email this morning as well:

Hey everyone!

While the band has been tucked away in Nashville, Tennessee recording their new record, we're preparing for a very busy 2014. We'll be offering all new TGA merchandise designs, including exclusive new bundles with the release of the new record this fall!

We've also been making great effort in improving the '45 RPM Club' Fan Club experience since its initial launch. A few months ago, we launched the new dedicated 45RPMClub.com fan club website. This year we improved the quality of the annual Fan Club 7" and t-shirt offered in the Vinyl Membership package, which we've been diligently shipping out by the thousands:

Most recently we have just released the first Fan Club exclusive merchandise in the Club Store:

The Gaslight Anthem '45 RPM Club' Limited Color 7" vinyl

This record, now available in four different colors, includes two songs:

Side One: Anywhere I Lay My Head

Side Two: This Is Where We Part

These records are exclusive to the 45 RPM Club and are extremly limited. In order to get your hands on any of these awesome new records, you must be an active Fan Club Member.

In addition to the ability to purchase one or all of these records above, Fan Club members can also purchase advance tickets to upcoming shows before the public can. As we all know, along with a new record comes tons of tour dates, so this is the year to join!

We'll be working very closely with the band moving forward, to continue to improve the Fan Club experience. There's a lot more stuff in the works this year at 45 RPM Club so sign up now!

Looking forward to a busy 2014,

Infinite Merch

&

45 RPM Club

Made an enquiry about placing an order for a few copies of each, also that my download link didn't work and that the club was a bit shit ...

"Sorry about the download link. I tried to bypass the process to expedite your download for you. That sounds like it backfired. You should have received the official fan club email with the download link about an hour ago ...

There is nothing stopping anyone from purchasing multiple copies of the vinyl, but the largest purchase we’ve had to date was 2 or 3 copies of each color.

We will be stocking the store with more fan club exclusive stuff in the coming weeks. We will also be offering advance ticket access through the fan club as the band will be touring extensively later this year to promote their new record.

There are definitely benefits to being a fan club member.

Thanks,

Customer Service

InfiniteMerch.com"

Please email me at [email protected] with your VC user name, the state you live in, and your name. As of right now I'm just doing continental US because we don't have many people signed up for this and we're trying to keep this as cheap as possible. If anything changes I'll certainly post for anyone outside of US.

Everyone that has sent me an email, I saw it last night, I haven't had to chance to reply (currently writing 275 report card comments) but expect a reply in the next two days. Most likely friday afternoon-early evening. Also, I still need a few more heads in on this. The more we get the lower the cost will be. 

I'm slightly pessimistic this is going to work. I don't know how many people Thomas has but by the numbers it must be 10-15? Not sure how they let that through, unless their opinion is "who cares, sell as many records as we can."

Doesn't matter. They'll get "lost" in the mail or show up in 2015.

Thomas,

Just posting feedback here instead of emailing.

Unless you have already bought the records, I'm out. If you have, I'll live up to my word. Was thinking this would be something like the $8 for the record plus $5 shipping. Didn't realize we were going in on a split membership. Thought you already had one and were just offering a favor to the board. Now I see why you were trying for 20 people.

Also don't see any way you can be sure that they will ship that many ahead of time. What do you do if they don't? You just going to eat the membership cost or did everyone buy a piece of the membership but without the record? Don't want to put that on you.

Splitting the merch doesn't interest me. Tickets don't even sell out in Detroit.

Good luck if you try it. Just not what I was looking for.

• 3 weeks later...