Minus the Bear - Infinity Overhead

Minus the Bear's fifth album "Infinity Overhead" coming August 28th on Dangerbird Records. Pre-Order starts July 16th

Infinity Overhead Tracklisting:

1. Steel and Blood

2. Lies and Eyes

3. Diamond Lightning

4. Toska

5. Listing

6. Heaven Is A Ghost Town

7. Empty Party Rooms

8. Zeros

9. Lonely Gun

10. Cold Company

Preview here

[media=]

[/media]

Reminds me of Menos El Oso

You know something? As a hardcore MtB uber-fanboy...much like Scotty H. there...I was at first turned off somewhat by OMNI. It didn't initially gel with me...it was a different sound and style for the band compared to all prior releases. But the more I listened to it, it grew on me and now competely dig it.

I can't remember who it was that posted it, but they said OMNI felt like a perfect Summertime record...I couldn't agree more. It's a record to chill to on a backyard patio or deck with a cold beer in hand watching the sunset.

Yeah I finally jumped on the Minus the Bear bandwagon shortly before Omni came out so when it was released I was thinking "this is awesome, but I can see people that have been into them for a while hating it because it is such a drastic depature from their core sound." Bottom line I celebrate their entire catalog so whatever way they go I'm fine with.

You know something? As a hardcore MtB uber-fanboy...much like Scotty H. there...I was at first turned off somewhat by OMNI. It didn't initially gel with me...it was a different sound and style for the band compared to all prior releases. But the more I listened to it, it grew on me and now competely dig it.

Funny, I'm the exact opposite. I really dug OMNI at first, but it held very little lasting value for me. I'd now say it's my least favorite MTB album. I don't hate it, but I've listened to it the least out of their entire catalog.

All that said, I'm always stoked for more MTB.

I can't remember who it was that posted it, but they said OMNI felt like a perfect Summertime record...I couldn't agree more. It's a record to chill to on a backyard patio or deck with a cold beer in hand watching the sunset.

I couldn't agree any more for a minute there it seemed as if people discredited the band entirely because of that one record. mtb is one of those bands who don't put out a bad lp and I think it kinda threw people off

I'm gonna agree with Juan, when i first heard OMNI i was thinking to myself "meh", then i played it at work on several occasions and just kept digging it more and more. totally psyched for the new record.

I'm on this boat. Although OMNI had a few tracks that stood out as awesome immediately to me such as Into The Mirror, but as a whole, the album had to grow on me.

I had not listened to MTB until OMNI and I have listened to their old stuff and gotta say I think I like OMNI most. I know old fans would wonder why but I enjoyed the pop sound they added. I am down for a lot of genres and I don't just want pop music (I liked all their albums) but it was a better listening album in a good mood.

so late to this conversation

pre-order.. fuck my wallet.

im not used to a minus the bear thread getting so little hate. juan, ive always hailed omni as a summer record, so that may have been me. it paints such a vivid tale of a dizzy summer tryst.

very excited, of course. they still havent let me down.

I had not listened to MTB until OMNI and I have listened to their old stuff and gotta say I think I like OMNI most. I know old fans would wonder why but I enjoyed the pop sound they added. I am down for a lot of genres and I don't just want pop music (I liked all their albums) but it was a better listening album in a good mood.

me too, i saw them live after only hearing omni and was blown away!