Minus the Bear - Infinity Overhead

I think I listened to this album about one time front to back. I don't know if I'm losing my favorite bands or if they're losing me but a bunch of bands (including MTB) are putting out material that just isn't resonating with me like their older stuff. I guess that's just the way of things.

2 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

I think I listened to this album about one time front to back. I don't know if I'm losing my favorite bands or if they're losing me but a bunch of bands (including MTB) are putting out material that just isn't resonating with me like their older stuff. I guess that's just the way of things.

Their last two albums have been lackluster, especially compared to their older records, imo. Or maybe it's just that those records set a really high standard.

Man...y'all are brutal. HA!

While I celebrate their entire catalog...I will agree that they peaked musically and lyrically in Planet of Ice. Omni felt very formulaic and trying to play it safe in their sound. "My Time" and "Into The Mirror" are the only two songs that I find most enjoyable. The rest was pretty forgettable. Infinity Overhead started to feel a bit more effort was being put in the songwriting and maybe even experiment outside their usual comfort zones. I can listen to it more through than Omni; although I skip over "Heaven is a Ghost Town".