Problem with ION pro (yeah, i know...)

Ive got the USB ION Pro table, and sometimes whenever i go to put the stylus on the record it doesnt go onto the record and it just returns back to its holder. it doesnt to it all the time but usually after i listen to 2-3 records in a row then it starts and continues to do so until i stop using it for awhile.

the only way to temporarily fix it that ive found out is to turn the platter one rotation counter-clockwise while the stylus is in the holder, and then it works. its weird.

any idea as to what would fix this issue? yeah, i know its a shitty table and i need a new one, but its all ive got right now and its perfectly fine for my needs at the moment. i do plan on getting a new one in the future though, i just need this one for now until i can afford a higher end table.

i have this problem. ive tried a number of things to fix it. most recently i pretty much took everything apart, and went underneath the hood to make sure everything was doing what (i assume) its supposed to.

since then its worked pretty well, but it still happens. just far less frequently.