Death Waltz Recording Co. Vinyl Soundtrack Label for Cult Film Enthusiasts

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, I want those 7' bad. I wish they put them up online somewhere.

"We've had some record Store Day returns back from France - Ltd quantities of all our 12" / 7" will go online at a random time on May 2nd"

• 2 weeks later...

Since I'm a subber I have both coming. I usually wouldn't buy something like a subscription w/o more info on what's coming (DW changes their release schedule slightly here and there) but everything DW has released I've loved so I don't mind going blind. I also figure I can pass anything I'm not into on at cost, but that hasn't happened yet since, again, I've been super happy with every release.

The completist in me wants to buy the "Let the Right One In" and "Donnie Darko" LP's but I'm not insane about the soundtracks. I like the movies enough, but to drop $30-$40 a record on music I'm only slightly into is a tough call. Still the collector in me is freaking out to do it.

Can't wait for "The Fog" and they've been dropping hints on "Assault on Precint 13" and all Carpenter soundtracks are great.

Exciting stuff about Maniac ost -

We’ve been raving about the remake of Maniac since we saw it at Fright Fest last August to anyone that would listen (or follow us on Twitter) and  having seen it 3 times since we can confirm that it doesn’t get any less uncomfortable on repeat viewing and is surely one of the best (and most brutal) remakes of recent years.

It’s a joy to be releasing the score by Rob , it’s steely synth tones hark back to the golden age of 80′s splatter soundtracks but it’s completely contemporary , managing to me mournful & melancholy one moment and brutal and harsh the next.

The cover art by Jay Shaw is incredible  and somehow manages to capture the sadness in the film (bypassing the extreme gore and getting right to the heart of the killer.

We wanted to do something really special with this release and definitely wanted to reference the fact that the film is told from the killers perspective , ( you mostly see Frank in various mirrors , windows and random reflections) & our production house has given the sleeve a silver UV lamination effect that basically turns the whole thing into a mirror, and as much as we want to show you the art we’ve decided to keep it under wraps until the release date (some things are worth waiting for and in the age of spoilers and upfront teases it’s nice to hold something back and surprise folks)

Here are the details for our release…..

500 180g flesh coloured vinyl with transparent blood splatter housed in a gatefold casebound (tip on) sleeve with mirror effect silver UV anti scratch lamination & 12 x 12 print of the cover art. (Death Waltz webstore exclusive)

350 180g silver steel with blood splatter  housed in a gatefold casebound (tip on) sleeve with mirror effect silver UV anti scratch lamination & 12 x 12 print of the cover art. (subscriber exclusive with 100 being made available on a random basis on release day)

(The UV silver lamination looks amazing, it’s just  like a  mirror so you’ll be able to see yourself when you  hold the sleeve up!)

1000 picture discs housed in a gatefold casebound (tip on) sleeve with matt lamination & 12 x 12 print of the cover art. (available from our webstore and record stores)

Released June (date TBC)

• 3 weeks later...