Death Waltz Recording Co. Vinyl Soundtrack Label for Cult Film Enthusiasts

Dudes, I'm wondering if the DWRC The Beyond release won't exclude USA. Most, if not all (I've not the time to check), of their releases that have been shared with another company are not allowed in the USA.

I'm sure some of us can help. 

On a very tangentially related note, I'm not sure if Godzilla actually shipped today. Didn't receive a confirmation email.

I'm sure some of us can help. 

On a very tangentially related note, I'm not sure if Godzilla actually shipped today. Didn't receive a confirmation email.

Me neither. Looking back through my emails from Death Waltz, the Atomic Breath one says 'actual item will ship on July 16th'. My subscriber email (the Atomic Breath copies are for folk on here; the subscriber one is for me) says '...will begin shipping July 16th'.

Get Donnie Darko here: http://www.elusivedisc.com/DONNIE-DARKO-SOUNDTRACK-LP/productinfo/DWZLP004/

Nobody ever checks the audiophile sites, that's why they usually have a bunch of stuff that is out of print elsewhere.

Thanks for the link. Question about the older DW releases since I only own recent releases "assault on precinct 13" and "in the wall", Does it state the variant/color of the actual LP on the packaging or is it random a la mondo? Just curious cuz i'd ideally like a blue copy of this at a reasonable price if at all possible.

Thanks for the link. Question about the older DW releases since I only own recent releases "assault on precinct 13" and "in the wall", Does it state the variant/color of the actual LP on the packaging or is it random a la mondo? Just curious cuz i'd ideally like a blue copy of this at a reasonable price if at all possible.

None of my copies (Halloween II & III, DD, POD, LTROI, LD@MM, Zombi, They Live etc...) before they switched to super-duper sleeves indicate on the outer packaging what the color/variant is. If you're looking for DD I'd say it's extremely likely you'd end up with the clear red repress. You'd have to buy the blue from someone with an opened copy to know for sure.

Question about Assault On Precinct 13: I currently have the white vanilla variant but am looking to get my hands on the vanilla red swirl variant. On DW website, it says it's a mail order exclusive to their website, but i'm seeing it available through other online retailers. Could this just be a mistake on retailers part, as the sticker on the shrink wrap doesn't specify what variant, just that it is colored? Or does DW send out their exclusives to other retailers in the US other than light in attic? Only reason I ask is cuz i bought a copy off someone from discogs who claimed it was the swirl variant, but when i opened it it ended up being the vanilla. Don't wanna make that mistake twice.

Question about Assault On Precinct 13: I currently have the white vanilla variant but am looking to get my hands on the vanilla red swirl variant. On DW website, it says it's a mail order exclusive to their website, but i'm seeing it available through other online retailers. Could this just be a mistake on retailers part, as the sticker on the shrink wrap doesn't specify what variant, just that it is colored? Or does DW send out their exclusives to other retailers in the US other than light in attic? Only reason I ask is cuz i bought a copy off someone from discogs who claimed it was the swirl variant, but when i opened it it ended up being the vanilla. Don't wanna make that mistake twice.

Truthfully, I cannot remember on this release, but the last handful of releases have seen their web store exclusives available only through DWRC and LITA (distribution rights permitting). My educated guess would be no. Your best bet is to buy an open copy or bite the bullet on shipping and get one from DWRC directly.

If you want to be 100% sure, don't buy of Discogs or Ebay or at least get pictures first. My Vanilla Twist doesn't say anything other than 'coloured' on the front. The Godzilla I got for someone here looks exactly the same as the subscription version from the outside.

Am I the only one a little annoyed that all of the artwork they're using isn't of the 1954 ShodaiGoji suit? The cover looks like something from one of the comic books and that gatefold looks like one of the 90's suits.  That being said, I am eager for this to show up from my buddy in England who grabbed it for me.  Still, I wish the art had more to do with the actual movie the soundtrack is of.