Death Waltz Recording Co. Vinyl Soundtrack Label for Cult Film Enthusiasts

Just received the Halloween III re-issue. I was hoping they were gonna be using the new sleeve style they've been using recently.. but the record is still in a standard sleeve, just with a new layout and obi strip.

Did you mean Halloween II? The one with Myers in the nurse cap? Where did you buy it from? Either way, could we get a picture?

My TCM aka hook and pull gang just showed up! Man I'm shocked this package made it in one piece to California. Very cheap packaging. A cardboard envelope with vinyl inside of two thin pieces of cardboard. You think a company that sells mostly vinyl would use a real box...especially overseas!

Man, I really need to hear this. Anyone happen to have a rip uploaded anywhere?

LIZARD IN A WOMAN'S SKIN

ENNIO MORRICONE 49971a2d-d81b-4cf1-92ce-7665ee68494c.jpg

2 LP GATEFOLD SET  HOUSE IN A HEAVYWEIGHT GALTEX PRIMA TEXTURED JACKET

LTD TO 500 WORLDWIDE

24 tracks clocking in at 90 minutes including a host of Previously unheard cues uncovered especially for this release.

Sleeve notes by Andrea Morandi & Stephen Thrower

Artwork by Jay Shaw record includes poster of the cover art.

DELUXE VERSION ON SALE SUNDAY 26TH OCTOBER 5PM GMT.

It is a proud day for Death Waltz Recording Company as we prepare to release a score by one of the biggest composers in film music history. Ennio Morricone has produced masterpiece after masterpiece, but none so creatively unsettling as his score to the 1971 Lucio Fulci giallo A LIZARD IN A WOMAN’S SKIN (aka UNA LUCERTOLA CON LA PELLE DI DONNA). Like many of Fulci’s movies, LIZARD blurs the line between dreams and reality, with hedonistic nightmares featuring narcotic-fuelled orgies leading to real murder that may or may not have been committed during one of the dreams.

Morricone’s music is as unhinged as the film itself, mixing post-sixties funk and jazz with increasingly uncomfortable effects to provide a haunting and biting backdrop for the turn of the century thriller. As always, elements of the maestro’s music are beautiful, with ethereal vocals by regular collaborator Edda dell’Orso, and this works even better in stark contrast with the harsher sections, with eerie woodwinds, the requisite whistling, wind instruments that sound like coyote howls, and low rhythmic bass that hits your head and your stomach at a point where you start to wonder if someone else is if the house with you. Still, if you’re going to be graphically murdered, A LIZARD IN A WOMAN’S SKIN is the soundtrack to have it done to you by. You Can listen to the whole album over on our Soundcloud page .

Disc 1 - pink / yellow swirl

Disc 2 - green blue swirl.

RECORD STORE EDITION FEATURING 1 x TRANSPARENT GREEN VINYL & 1 x TRANSPARENT BLUE ON SALE MONDAY 27TH OCTOBER FROM ALL GOOD RECORD STORES WORLDWIDE.

LIZARD IN A WOMAN'S SKIN

ENNIO MORRICONE 49971a2d-d81b-4cf1-92ce-7665ee68494c.jpg

2 LP GATEFOLD SET  HOUSE IN A HEAVYWEIGHT GALTEX PRIMA TEXTURED JACKET

LTD TO 500 WORLDWIDE

24 tracks clocking in at 90 minutes including a host of Previously unheard cues uncovered especially for this release.

Sleeve notes by Andrea Morandi & Stephen Thrower

Artwork by Jay Shaw record includes poster of the cover art.

DELUXE VERSION ON SALE SUNDAY 26TH OCTOBER 5PM GMT.

It is a proud day for Death Waltz Recording Company as we prepare to release a score by one of the biggest composers in film music history. Ennio Morricone has produced masterpiece after masterpiece, but none so creatively unsettling as his score to the 1971 Lucio Fulci giallo A LIZARD IN A WOMAN’S SKIN (aka UNA LUCERTOLA CON LA PELLE DI DONNA). Like many of Fulci’s movies, LIZARD blurs the line between dreams and reality, with hedonistic nightmares featuring narcotic-fuelled orgies leading to real murder that may or may not have been committed during one of the dreams.

Morricone’s music is as unhinged as the film itself, mixing post-sixties funk and jazz with increasingly uncomfortable effects to provide a haunting and biting backdrop for the turn of the century thriller. As always, elements of the maestro’s music are beautiful, with ethereal vocals by regular collaborator Edda dell’Orso, and this works even better in stark contrast with the harsher sections, with eerie woodwinds, the requisite whistling, wind instruments that sound like coyote howls, and low rhythmic bass that hits your head and your stomach at a point where you start to wonder if someone else is if the house with you. Still, if you’re going to be graphically murdered, A LIZARD IN A WOMAN’S SKIN is the soundtrack to have it done to you by. You Can listen to the whole album over on our Soundcloud page .

Disc 1 - pink / yellow swirl

Disc 2 - green blue swirl.

RECORD STORE EDITION FEATURING 1 x TRANSPARENT GREEN VINYL & 1 x TRANSPARENT BLUE ON SALE MONDAY 27TH OCTOBER FROM ALL GOOD RECORD STORES WORLDWIDE.

NEED! I NEEEED IT!

I've only ordered from LITA once before, how is there customer service? Getting nervous about them actually refunding me.

They are pretty sterling. Morgan will take care of you and their labelhead, Josh, is an accountable fellow as well. It is Sunday so don't panic. They will refund and/or get back to you within a couple of days.

It came in a confirmation email they sent to me.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ that's just what they told me when i sub'd and they sent out the code.

Either way, very stoked for this soundtrack. And cosign on everyone saying LITA is great. They pack their boxes meticulously and Morgan is always quick to answer emails whenever I've got questions.