PO: The Locust - Molecular Genetics From The Gold Standard Labs

http://kingsroadmerc...d=3494&cid=1174

Seems kind of like a greatest hits compilation of sorts, but I think the tracks are mostly from the earlier 7 inches and splits instead of the albums. Don't care either way, ordered it on red.

From anti.com:

"The Locust July 31st Anti-Records release Molecular Genetics From the Gold Standard Labs features 44 tracks of hard-to-find and out-of-print material from the early years of the legendary band. The San Diego group has been blowing minds since 1994 with their unique mix of grindcore speed and aggression, mathcore complexity, and new wave weirdness.

The band’s membership has proved a veritable “Who's Who” of punk royalty. Joseph Karam also plays with One Day As A Lion while Justin Pearson was in Some Girls, All Leather and played on the recent Retox album with Gabe Serbian. Past participants have included Tristeza/Album Leaf/GoGoGo Airheart/Crimson Curse's Jimmy LaValle, to Tarantula Hawk's Dave Warshaw and Dylan Scharf, and Cattle Decapitation's David Astor. In the process they have created a singular body of work, and an important piece of that appears on Molecular Genetics From the Gold Standard Labs, collecting for the first time all of the band’s pre-Epitaph recordings.

“You hear it in every note they play: The Locust simply love what they do. With Plague Soundscapes, The Locust shot for broken bones and wound up epitomizing "breakneck." Have you been injured in an accident?” – Pitchfork.com"

http://anti.com/cata...e_Gold_Standard

• 4 weeks later...
Guest deathbydrums

The tracks on this album are remixed and remastered, which needed to be done to the originals. EFF-YES!

Also, I scoured The Locust's Facebook but couldn't find any more info... anyone know if this is just the red pressing and then the rest are black or if they'll be other variants? Thanks in advance.

The tracks on this album are remixed and remastered, which needed to be done to the originals. EFF-YES!

Also, I scoured The Locust's Facebook but couldn't find any more info... anyone know if this is just the red pressing and then the rest are black or if they'll be other variants? Thanks in advance.

Not sure about the variants but fuck yeah about the remaster! not sure if anyone heard the preview track/video from it, but it sounds much better compared to the original IMO:

[media=]

[/media]

Not that I don't love the originals, Flight of the Wonded Locust is one of my all-time favorite EPs. But if any band's tracks needed remasters, I would say it's this one, and it's definitely awesome just to have all the EPs and old tracks on one 12"

• 5 weeks later...