15% off everything at Amoeba.com through 3/23 (UPDATED)

Pretty much every used record says,"Vinyl looks nice, has a few surface marks." They then grade it "Very Good Plus". I'm assuming these surface marks dont affect playing quality? Has anybody tried to return a used record or is it buyer beware? Thanks for the help.

I just ordered a record on Monday (yes before the November code came out) that was listed as VG+ with "some paper scuffs that should not affect play".  I will let you know how it turns out (it shipped yesterday).  However, I have ordered from Amoeba in the past and have never been disappointed.

cool cool, thanks guys. only ever ordered new from them i believe. It just seemed like they were copy pasting to get the listings up and wasn't sure what surface marks were. They must not be in the grooves or else it wouldn't get a VG+ I assume. Got a tri-colored BB-Crimes for $17, trying to decide if I should waste my money since its the only full length of theirs I don't have.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd rather be sifting through their physical shelves any day, but I guess this'll do.

i would like if these discounts were usable in the store itself. it seems more, for lack of a better word. productive to look through the shelves themselves than thinking of what to search for online. i'll have to wait til they send out a $5 off $25 coupon.

OP updated with new code.

loved this sale prior to them pricing all of their used items from discogs averages

Thanks for posting this coupon code.  I used it for a 'used' deluxe version of the new Neko Case- it knocked the price all the way down to $16.99 (a more than competitive price) and I got free shipping somehow.  The item arrived yesterday still in its original shrink wrap.  There was a very small corner bend, so maybe that's why they labeled it 'used?'  Either way, I'm stoked.

Thanks for posting this coupon code.  I used it for a 'used' deluxe version of the new Neko Case- it knocked the price all the way down to $16.99 (a more than competitive price) and I got free shipping somehow.  The item arrived yesterday still in its original shrink wrap.  There was a very small corner bend, so maybe that's why they labeled it 'used?'  Either way, I'm stoked.

Amoeba is always free shipping. It rules!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...