PO: Flatfoot 56 - Toil (a few packages)

We are just getting the run around from the plant. This is what happens when things end up on a freight truck that is zig zagging across the country instead of coming via UPS. All of the preorders are addressed in boxes and ready to ship, we just need the actual vinyl to put it in the damn boxes and get them out. I feel like an idiot because we have been getting the same "it'll get there next week" run-around from the plant and freight company for weeks and weeks.

That's really all I can say about the FF56 vinyl. I'm waiting for it to get here so I can help our new mailorder guy with getting out the massive amount of preorders. Pat quit his job at the label.

To answer other questions:

- LAHF EP will be coming to us via UPS on October 3. So the target time of first two weeks of October is right on.

- Pentimento's vinyl date is after its street date. We have not called a target date but with the street date of Nov. 13, I would expect the vinyl date to be around Black Friday time (last week of Nov / first of Dec....same as We Are the Union)

- Obi Fernandez isn't being pressed on vinyl at least in the foreseeable future.

today we were on the phone with the freight company. they couldn't deliver the records because the truck driver didn't feel comfortable driving down the skinny road where our warehouse is. we've gotten countless of freight deliveries here but this has happened once before so we know how to handle it. the records are now at the freight HQ a couple hours from where we're located. we will either get them sent overnight via UPS for us or drive there to hand-pick them up. we are working out a date with the freight HQ right now of when this can happen.

like i've always said, i'll update everyone as this crappy situation progresses. honestly nothing i can do in the meantime. sorry guys.

i happened to check these boards as something was posted here, but i'm not on here all that often anymore. if you need a customer service issue (i.e. you have to change your shipping address or are just bored of this and want a refund) then you can email me [email protected].

right now we're looking at getting these records in 1 week but i'm trying the best i can to make it sooner. there are several hundred orders to ship out when we do finally get them, so they'll probably be out within 2 days.

the records are now at the freight HQ a couple hours from where we're located. we will either get them sent overnight via UPS for us or drive there to hand-pick them up.

right now we're looking at getting these records in 1 week

I never ordered this record, which at this point, I'm perfectly okay with. I cannot understand the above, can someone explain this to me. There is a record that is delayed by X amount of time, they're a couple of hours away on a pallet and it's still going to take a week to get them? This boggles my mind...

I never ordered this record, which at this point, I'm perfectly okay with. I cannot understand the above, can someone explain this to me. There is a record that is delayed by X amount of time, they're a couple of hours away on a pallet and it's still going to take a week to get them? This boggles my mind...

Kinda what I was thinking. Especially considering the "X" in your statement is equal to over two months.

I didn't order this record either, but this is starting to look a lot like the Dave Hause/Red City Radio/Rust Belt Lights pre-orders. Some really bizarre answers here and being on a "freight truck" over a month makes me wonder if some way shape or form all these LPs look like salad bowls...

These things happen. I work at a label and we've had situations similar to this. Honestly, once you send the materials off to press, it becomes a guessing game. For example, suppose there is a problem at the pressing plant and they shred 1000+ of your labels for the records. Well, now the pressing is stopped. The printer has to print more, send them to the pressing plant, now the pressing plant has to get the materials back on the press, and hopefully, nothing else goes wrong. In a situation like this, you could be tacking on an extra three-four weeks depending on how each person responds to the situation plus the shipping of the materials. We've also had records stuck in customs for a few weeks before they decide to pass that information along. I'm not surprised that the materials could be going back and forth between trucks or even just sitting in a corner in their warehouse. I see it every night at UPS.

I can't very well just drive there and demand to take a few boxes. A pickup date has to be coordinated. That's all on when they are available to do something like this. It's not like I'm going to my friend's house to pick up a video game I left haha. Plus, the record are strapped in pallets with other shit...so we have to make sure that they can get our boxes free for this in the first place.