Someone press The Fountain Soundtrack

• 4 months later...

Sorry to inspire any false hope. I signed up for vinylcollective just to bump this thread after coming back to it once or twice a year for the last few years. I want a vinyl pressing of The Fountain so damned bad I started a website just to write about it. Sorry for the shameless self promotion. But Jesus H how long must we wait?!?

• 6 months later...
2 hours ago, THE_James_Champ said:

I'm shocked more people aren't shitting themselves and/or freaking out. I know I did when I saw it.

He's a niche composer. Most people know 'Reqieum' when they hear it, but that's it. It's sad because a lot of people that aren't about "soundtracks" would still really dig 'The Fountain' as a standalone album. I don't know that there will ever be a soundtrack that hits me as hard, especially in the context of the film. 

34 minutes ago, batman said:

He's a niche composer. Most people know 'Reqieum' when they hear it, but that's it. 

Reqieum never hit me... like at all. I dig Aronofsky, and that movie was good but not one I was ready to watch again. Mansell's two that stand out the most to me are The Fountain and "Leaving Earth" 

14 minutes ago, clerk3745 said:

Reqieum never hit me... like at all. I dig Aronofsky, and that movie was good but not one I was ready to watch again. Mansell's two that stand out the most to me are The Fountain and "Leaving Earth" 

I meant in terms of popularity. That song 'Lux Aeterna' is everywhere--people don't know it's Clint Mansell, but they've at least heard it. 'Leaving Earth' is fantastic (I wish he would've done the whole ME score), and I'm also a big fan of his work on 'Moon' and 'Black Swan'. Parts of 'Noah' felt like the spiritual successor to 'The Fountain' but overall not my favorite. I had the opportunity to meet Clint back in March after his show in LA and he's such a nice guy. I can't wait to have this stuff on vinyl.  

• 1 month later...