Burning Airlines: Mission Control! getting vinyl release on Arctic Rodeo!

FUCKING FINALLY. So stoked.

I thought Barsuk or someone was going to do this in the US though. Of course, I thought they were doing Change as well and apparently I was wrong about that too. I just rememberthe 2 Burning Airlines records being off the table back in the early days of the Collective as Virgil said it was "being done by someone else."

Guest mastenator

This is awesome. I've been hoping for this since Mission Control was released.

*edit

In honor of this news here's my BA collection. Everything I know of except for a black copy of the Passing Complexion 7"

If anyone knows where I can find one or has any pressing numbers, let me know.

IMAG0590.jpg

Burning Airlines - Carnival / Scissoring - DeSoto

Burning Airlines / Braid Split - DeSoto

Burning Airlines / ATDI Split - Thick Records

Burning Airlines - Escape Engine / No Voices on the Wire - Passing Complex 'First Class' edition 92/100 silkscreened cover

I have both passing complexion but am not certain on the numbers... got mine and the orange one on discogs from someone in Europe a few years ago.

Still need that carnival/scissoring single (just the album versions, right?) and ATDI split though.

I haven't listened to it in a grip but I thought they were demos or, at least, somehow different from the album versions. But I may just be confused because Jawbox did that on several singles.

Just got this email from AR.

The works of J. Robbins had and actually still have more influence on our musical socialization than almost anyone else‘s. The musician, producer, engineer and sound mixer has written independent music history by recording the music of many bands such as Pilot To Gunner, Coliseum, Clutch, The Promise Ring, Bluetip, Texas Is The Reason, Kerosene 454, Retisonic, Joshua, Against Me!, The Dismemberment Plan, Jets To Brazil, Garrison, Engine Down, to name just a few. Furthermore, his music had a big influence on the (post-)hardcore scene – and it still has. The music of bands he played in – like Government Issue, Jawbox, Burning Airlines and Channels – are milestones in the independent music history. His new band Office Of Future Plans (out on Dischord Records) once again proves that his talent is one of the biggest around: their new album is one of the best that has been released in the recent past.

Unfortunately both of the fantastic albums J. Robbins has recorded with his band BURNING AIRLINES have never been released on vinyl until today. We have been fancying the idea of finally making this happen for years and making both records available on vinyl. Now it is actually and finally going to happen: Later this year, Arctic Rodeo is going to put out both full length albums from BURNING AIRLINES on vinyl via Cargo Records – the band‘s debut album entitled "Mission: Control!" as well as its second album called "Identikit". Both vinyl editions will have very nice and extraordinary packagings and will be limited pressings on colored vinyl. There will be bonus material on each album release, and there will be a free bonus CD given away with each vinyl record, each including the entire album plus bonus music.

All gainings that will be made from selling these two records will be donated by us as the record label and our distributor Cargo Records to the medical treatment of Callum Robbins. For the Robbins family, Cal’s disease is a financial burden to bear: The son of J. and his wife Janet has a genetic disorder, and for the family it is very hard to afford the necessary treatments without any help and support. Most of the children suffering this terrible disease die before their second birthday. Cal is six years old today, he never learned to walk. By releasing the two albums from BURNING AIRLINES on vinyl, Arctic Rodeo Recordings as well as Cargo Records would like to support Cal, Janet and J., and we hope you are joining us by purchasing one or both of these LPs. If you are interested in donating and getting further informations about Cal and his disease, please feel free to surf over to Desoto Records: www.desotorecords.com

We will keep you posted and thank you very much for being interested. Please feel free to spread the word.

Arctic Rodeo online: www.arcticrodeorecordings.com – www.facebook.com/arcticrodeorecordings – www.twitter.com/arcticrodeo

I'm pumped and this is a classy move on AR's part.

I'm starting to love this label!

i was a huge jawbox fan as a teenager, but never followed this band much.

i have their split with at the drive in coming in the mail right now, and it will actually be my first real taste of this band.

i know i heard some stuff when they first got together but never got very familiar with it.