PO: Dads - American Radass (this is important)

Do you think they would have this with them at a show? I might see them next friday in Chicago.

They don't have the Euro press with them, but they the Flannel Gurl press. When I saw them in LA it was the splatter variant. I saw them last night in Seattle too and they still had LPs, but I don't know which color.

I filed a dispute through paypal the other day and got an email today from Ryan of Something New Records, where I bought mine, saying this:

Very sorry about the delay on your order. It does say on the big cartel that it is a pre order but they have now all shipped. We have been super busy over the last two months and have had over 150 orders to ship out.

So I'll just keep the dispute open until I get it. Hopefully it actually is on its way now.

I filed a dispute through paypal the other day and got an email today from Ryan of Something New Records, where I bought mine, saying this:

So I'll just keep the dispute open until I get it. Hopefully it actually is on its way now.

It's just strange that this is not confined to one individual label.  I don't know how many Euro labels were distro'ing this, but it seems that no one in the US has received their order from any of them.

It's just strange that this is not confined to one individual label.  I don't know how many Euro labels were distro'ing this, but it seems that no one in the US has received their order from any of them.

Yeah it is strange. On the Something New product page (http://somethingnewrecords.bigcartel.com/product/dads-american-radass-12) it says it is a co-release by Day by Day Records, Get Into It Records, and Moustache Records.

Also, I mean I'm sure it's tough shipping out a couple hundred records when your labels are run by maybe just one or two people. But two months, or even one month to ship out 150-200 records seems pretty slow. That's a rate of like...a few records a day. I can pack up like 25 records in less than an hour. So I don't really understand how even a couple hundred records could take over a month. Oh well. I hope this comes in the next few weeks.

I've been chatting with Ed at Moshtache and he's been incredibly cool about sending out a replacement package for the two copies I never received, and I inquired about registered mail/tracking this time around and offered to pay the difference for the extra insurance, but got an email from him saying that A: registered mail(requiring a signature) can't be sent to a PO Box, and it would cost roughly 15.50 euro. I replied that that seemed odd, as I just ordered a record from Yo-Yo (Caves' new album) and got insured/tracking and it only cost 2.60 euro and showed up to my po box no problem.

I'm not sure if he was looking to send it with some super premium euro shipping or what, but I haven't heard back from him. I'd love to get these records in any case...

I've been chatting with Ed at Moshtache and he's been incredibly cool about sending out a replacement package for the two copies I never received, and I inquired about registered mail/tracking this time around and offered to pay the difference for the extra insurance, but got an email from him saying that A: registered mail(requiring a signature) can't be sent to a PO Box, and it would cost roughly 15.50 euro. I replied that that seemed odd, as I just ordered a record from Yo-Yo (Caves' new album) and got insured/tracking and it only cost 2.60 euro and showed up to my po box no problem.

I'm not sure if he was looking to send it with some super premium euro shipping or what, but I haven't heard back from him. I'd love to get these records in any case...

Every european country has its own postal service and subsequently its own rates and those vary greatly. German rates are known to be really fair, whereas UK rates are just insane, so what he is telling you is for real.

Every european country has its own postal service and subsequently its own rates and those vary greatly. German rates are known to be really fair, whereas UK rates are just insane, so what he is telling you is for real.

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I didn't really question it, as again, he's been incredibly cooperative with me, and the last thing I mentioned was that I'd be fine with him just resending the records without tracking. If they don't show up this time, they don't show up. It's definitely not his/Moshtache's fault. I've been thoroughly impressed with his communique.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got my Euro copy.  It was sent in one of those weird shitty mailers that all records from Europe are being sent in.  Absolutely NO other packaging.  Corners are bent to shit.  The actual jacket is super flimsy and poor quality.  Not worth the $20.

I don't think you could fit anything else inside of those Euro mailers for support.  Must be some German design.  They think they've got the final solution for everything.